Kojima announced new gameproject

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Kojima announced new gameproject

Post by Solidé »

From eurogamer:
Hideo Kojima has begun holding daily meetings to discuss "planning, testing, research and scouting" on his next game.

According to the Metal Gear Solid creator's Twitter, the first meeting was last Thursday and 10 people were involved, including some members of the Metal Gear Solid: Rising team, although Kojima is not directing that project.

Kojima said the meetings would be "an open environment to talk about important issues and share our dreams and concept for the project".

Judging by some of Kojima's other tweets last week, we should also expect his next game to take place in an environment that has more in common structurally with western games.

"Japanese creators try to express the game's environment through beautiful artwork, but western developers use technology to draw out the environment," Kojima observed.

"The Japanese make the models and textures carefully to create a world. The West use shaders, lighting, shadows, effects, and programming to create their world.

"For my next project, I'm going to mention to the staff to throw out the old ways of production. Do not create pretty images, create a beautiful world.

"Designers shouldn't focus only on their part, but also borrow the programmer's strength to maximise the quality. We shouldn't measure quality by parts, we will measure by the quality and completion of the entire world."

Not that Kojima has traditionally struggled to make pretty games, obviously - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the <B>Patriots</B> is still one of the best-looking things on PlayStation 3.

Many Japanese developers and publishers - notably Capcom - are increasing their involvement with western studios and "globalising", and Kojima already has form here too, having been involved in production on the excellent Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, released this month.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... n-new-game
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: Kojima announced new gameproject

Post by el_ash »

I'm very curious as to what Kojima is cooking up....
Hopefully it's an original IP or a follow up to something like Policenauts or Snatcher!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Post by Solidé »

I dont really care what it is as long as it isn't MGS5 or just some kind of iPhone/facebook/arcade hall game.
Seriously, i had enough of these "breakfast snack games". I'm hungry for the "big fat beefsteak with potatos -meal -game" from kojima. lol
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
Verian
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher (Sega-CD)
MGS 1, 2, 3, 4, Peace Walker, Portable Ops, AC!D 1 and 2.
PSN: The_Verian
Xbox Live: Veriane

Post by Verian »

Awesome! As long as it's something that is an actual game, I don't really care what it is. I've needed a Kojima fix. :(

I'll definetly have to keep up with this.