Kojima Signing on 9th of March in the UK

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Szczepaniak
Runner

Kojima Signing on 9th of March in the UK

Post by Szczepaniak »

http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=1080

Scroll down:
Hideo Kojima, the creator of the best selling game 'Metal Gear Solid', will be meeting fans and signing copies of 'Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater' at HMV, 150 Oxford Street (in the Games Department on the first floor) on Wednesday 9th March between 5.00pm and 6.00pm. Due to the limited time available, access to the queue will be restricted on a 'first come first served' basis.
Sadly, since i currently live in France, and am desperately short of money, I can't go. That and I still owe someone cash they lent me to travel to the UK for the Miyamoto signing a couple of years back.

But maybe someone here can go? (87th, you free that day?)

Anyway, bring me back something nice ;)

Oh, and be sure to let us all know how it went! Plus, if you get a chance, ask Kojima in Japanese if and when he will be relasing a Metal gear classics compilation disc. :D
Then hug him and run out of the store!

I wonder if they'll be giving away any freebies?

So, who is going?!
Designer of "Trampalien Gunmen" on Dreamcast
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Heh, just your luck then that Kojima will also be visiting France and Berlin. Sadly however, NI is not on the schedule, and i have no money nor place to stay in London,, so im pretty fucked unless i can get a cheap day trip or something.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

i have no money nor place to stay in London
That supposed to be some kind of hint? Haha.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

Haha, do you want it to be?
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Don't try and flirt with me, it'll only end in tears. Your tears.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

When is he in FRANCE?!?!?!

I had no idea!

Quick! Post or PM me details, I might just be able to make it up to Paris!

Hurry hurry hurry! :shock:

I only heard about this today, where is it? Paris? I hope its not today, otherwise I am screwed.
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Re: Kojima Signing on 9th of March in the UK

Post by 87th »

otaku84 wrote: But maybe someone here can go? (87th, you free that day?)
I wish I was. The most annoying thing about this, is that I'm already planning to go to London for a week in the end of March. If the old release date for MGS3 stuck, I'd probably be able to see Kojima. How ironic. :sad:
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

http://metalgearsolid.org/forum/viewtop ... f813165b3a

This is where i heard the news on Monday from Jonathan Ingram, and it says here he is going to all three locations though no dates. Sorry, i have no real idea.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

So, any one here going to the signing then?
Mr. Seed
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Most

Post by Mr. Seed »

Hey, all

I'm a new member to this forum. I'd like to say to the guy/gal who owns that massive Snatcher collection layed out in the photograph....MAN. That's cool....now gimme.

As I said in a post untiled 'Kojima, a pen, and I' ; I went to the signing and admist all of the MGS3 fanboys - I held the flag for all us Snatcher and Policenauts fans buy having him sign the card backing to my SCC Memorial special Junker Key-chain and my MCD Snatcher Manual. I also gave him a cutsom made Junker t-shirt which I wrapped and presented to him in Japanese...(it was professionally made mind you - I'm a Junker...I mean, a graphic designer :grin:

Heehee - you should have seen Kojima's face when he turned over the blank back to the keyring card to see what it was...a suprised and very warm expression between...'how he hell did you get this?', 'hey, you the man', and '...you cheeky boy' with a smile (as it was really a mgs3 signing). At least I can rest in the knowledge that he knew some people there were real fans of his work and not just casual gamers who think his portfolio ends at MGS psx ready to flog the stuff on ebay...(not that they all were, I can only speak about who I spoke to). anyway you can check out ebay.co.uk to find some stuff, not mine of course.

I was about 6th in the line, there were posters given away while they lasted and the dude at the front got a tiny MG figure (I think) in a tiny brown signed box...not sure exactly what it was though.
"Hey, I only do liquid sky...dude!"
FOX-HOUND

Post by FOX-HOUND »

Yeah I know what you mean about people getting stuff signed just to eBay it. Sure you can get lots of money, but then you don't have something you can keep and treasure and look back on years later. But then in a way it's good, because people who couldnt make it to the signing can still get a signed game or whatever, even though they're being ripped off. It was great anway, cool to meet so many other MG/Kojima fans.
Thank God for the rain to wash the trash off the sidewalk...
http://specialforcegroup.blogspot.com
Mr. Seed
Runner

Post by Mr. Seed »

True FOX-HOUND.

I suppose they are serving some people - supply and deman n' all that. It just bugs me that their place in the line could have been taken by some one who it would have meant a lot to, meeting Kojima - but then again, I guess (like me) they should secure a place near the front of the line.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Mr. Seed wrote:I also gave him a cutsom made Junker t-shirt which I wrapped and presented to him in Japanese...(it was professionally made mind you - I'm a Junker...I mean, a graphic designer :grin:
Do you have a picture of it? or better yet... the file you used with your design? *grinn*

Seriously, (more seriously anyway), if you are interested in contributing for the site I think that with a (fellow Snatcher fan) designer's help Junker could give some interesting stuff to the Snatcher fan community. Write me a line if you are interested.. cannot offer much for your help but my eternal gratitude and that of the community (around 90 guys in the world anyway) =P (plus all the fame and glory it carries, :razz: )
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Mr. Seed
Runner

Post by Mr. Seed »

I actually tried it on, but I never took a photo! Thanks for the invite. I'd like to contribute now and again sure. It's tough finding the time. But I love Snatcher, and I be happy to help out.

So I assume that you are the had-honcho round these parts?
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Mr. Seed wrote:So I assume that you are the had-honcho round these parts?
I just run the site =P

And any contribution at any time is welcome.. Junker HQ is not know for having frequent updates.. but it does try to get new Snatcher material now and then.. at least that was one of the main points of creating it a while ago....
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Silvertear

Post by Silvertear »

Welcome to Junker HQ, Mr. Seed. :grin:
"Doubt'll be the fire of your delight and she's never gonna come back down to have a pop song on the five and she's never gonna come back down to grab the T-shirt off the line and she's never gonna come back down. I think she's murderously sly and she's never gonna come back down." - BT
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Mr. Seed wrote:I was about 6th in the line, there were posters given away while they lasted and the dude at the front got a tiny MG figure (I think) in a tiny brown signed box...not sure exactly what it was though.
That was most likely the Snake Kubrick figure. The box you describe sounds the same as the Kubrick they gave away at the signing in Tokyo.

I bet he was surprised to see the stuff you'd brought! I think Westerners are more devoted Kojima fans than the Japanese...
Szczepaniak
Runner

Post by Szczepaniak »

Welcome to JunkerHQ Mr Seed.

Did I se you over at NTSC-uk? I think people were unfairly criticising Kojima fans for their excitement. Its the reason I can't stand posting there anymore.

Were you the guy who was friends with the guy who gave Kojima the gift? Also, someone gave him a shirt I think. Sorry if I missed this in one of your topics.

Otherwise, Im glad you were there pushing the Snatcher/Policenauts side of things.

I would have gone myself, but couldn't it make it over in time from France. :(

I love reading the stories people have, reminds me of when I queued for 24 hours to meet Miyamoto in London.

Was Yoji Shinkawa there also? Damn, I would have liked to get his autograph equally as much as Kojima's.

Glad you had a good time. :)