Kojima Awards

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Kojima Awards

Post by 87th »

Just out of pure boredom, I decided to make this topic.
Here's a lot of categories. Vote on your favourite Kojima Games in each.
Sorry about the drole introduction, but I wasn't very interested in writing one. :lol:

Best Plot-
Best Visuals-
Best Dubbing (Mention whether it's English or Japanese, too)-
Best Dialogue-
Best Game Design-
Best Character-
Best Boss Fight-
Best Puzzle-
Best Character Design-
Best Mechanical Design-
Best Overall Gameplay-
Best Remake/Special Edition pack-
Best Themetune-
Best Series-
Best Sequal-
Biggest Improvement-
Best "Kojima Moment"-
Best Kojima Game-

Here's my personal choices (with reasons), for each Category-

Best Plot- Snatcher- It seemed to be very well rounded, very well paced, and very well written. Overall, just great.
Best Visuals- MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater- A very obvious choice
Best Dubbing- MetalGear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (English)- Seemed very professional, interesting and fit each character very well.
Best Dialogue- MetalGear Solid- Most quotable lines in any Kojima game, i've played.
Best Game Design- MetalGear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty- The game's saving grace. No complications with Camo choices and backpacks, yet you were able to take control of any situation.
Best Character- Grey Fox (MetalGear, MetalGear 2: Solid Snake, MetalGear Solid)- No brainer for me, a very passionate and cool character.
Best Boss Fight- Psycho Mantis- Does confuse the hell out of you. Exactly what Kojima wanted, and what no one else would've came up with
Best Puzzle- Blow up the rat! (MetalGear Solid)- Loved doing this, game me a worrying feel of power. :lol:
Best Character Design- Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner- Really fits the Anime theme.
Best Mechanical Design- Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner- Very interesting Frames. The huge battleships are fantastic, too.
Best Overall Gameplay- MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater- Very tense, and really makes you think about your choices. You're much more involved with boss battles, than before, too.
Best Remake/Special Edition pack- MetalGear Solid: Integral- Ninja missions, 1st person mode, Mystery mode, giant Genomes... fantastic.
Best Themetune- Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner (Beyond the Bounds)- Fast paced and exciting piece, that sums up the overall experience very well.
Best Series- MetalGear- Kojima's claim to fame, and full of brilliant titles. Constantly surprises Gamers.
Best Sequal- MetalGear 2: Solid Snake- Really did everything you wanted it to. Fighting against Big Boss and Grey Fox was a dream, after playing the first game.
Biggest Improvement- Zone of the Enders series- Wasn't very keen on the original, but the second game was a very good game with lots of different positive elements.
Best "Kojima Moment"- Runaway Turbocycle (Snatcher)- I loved this scene all the way through. I don't think i've laughed at a game so much, before.
Best Kojima Game- MetalGear 2: Solid Snake- Although I haven't voted for it in many other categories, it was the best all round game. Fantastic plot, puzzles, characters, and level design make this my favourite game of all time.
Last edited by 87th on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randomwab
Second Lieutenant

Post by randomwab »

I will try and keep these brief:

Best Plot- Metal Gear Solid 3 - I just ove every little detail of the plot
Best Visuals- Metal Gear Solid 3 or Policenauts - Both superb, MGS3 is really amazing graphically, but i love the Anime style of Policenauts
Best Dubbing (Mention whether it's English or Japanese, too)- Metal Gear Solid 2 Japenese - Dubbing is really great here, though i havnt tried MGS3 so...
Best Dialogue- Metal Gear Solid 3 - Due to some radio convos with Signit, genius stuff!
Best Game Design- Metal Gear Solid 3 - Odd game designs became really fun, and nothing i dont like
Best Character- Solid Snake - He is simply the coolest, would have been Naked Snake but i think Solid Snake is just that bit cooler
Best Boss Fight- Phyco Mantis - Just genius, how he reads your Memory Card, "Moves" your controller and you have to switch ports, its just to cool.
Best Puzzle- PAL Key - Not really a Puzzle but cool anyway
Best Character Design- Raiden or Ninja - Love 'em both, to long to explain though
Best Mechanical Design- Metal Gear Ray or Von Brawn - Just cool
Best Overall Gameplay- Metal Gear Solid 3 - Need i explain...NO!
Best Remake/Special Edition pack- Metal Gear Solid 2 Premium Pack - I own it thats why!
Best Themetune- Metal Gear Solid Skateboard Remix
Best Series- Metal Gear Solid
Best Sequal- Metal Gear Solid 3
Biggest Improvement- Metal Gear Solid 2 Gameplay - So good!
Best "Kojima Moment"- Raiden - So well hidden until the release
Best Kojima Game- Metal Gear Solid 3 - A fine moment in gaming history!