Kojima's opinion

Dedicated to Hideo Kojima, Kojima Productions staff and their games or collaborations.
Gin-Ryu

Kojima's opinion

Post by Gin-Ryu »

Kojima opinion on game stories (at least on this interview http://www.gamespot.com/features/6120427/index.html ) isn't what I would think from the creator of Snatcher, MG etc.. since he doesn't seem to care much about stories why does whe create such great ones?
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

I think perhaps this is because he not only realises that the story is only a part of the whole game, but also that games are a transitory medium, and may not be being used in the same ways in the future. Personally though, I think he downplays it all because he's had enough of people going on about his stories when the truth is he has created great games not just great stories.
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

His stories feel like an afterthought that takes up more of the game than the actual gameplay. He needs better writers.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

They're both 'art'. All stories are art, because someone's written them down.

And looking at something like Snatcher, the story clearly smashes the gameplay to bits.
ReasonWhyNot
Second Lieutenant

Post by ReasonWhyNot »

If that's the case, then there's a lot of bad art out there.
Last edited by ReasonWhyNot on Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Deckard
Second Lieutenant

Post by Rick Deckard »

That is the case, and yes, that's true.