Prices starting to cool down in MG collecting?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Prices starting to cool down in MG collecting?

Post by violentpig »

I think I'm starting to notice the storm die down a bit, and prices are coming back down to earth. I just scored MGS Digital Graphic novel sealed for $35, and one closed right after a few bucks more. A far cry from the $60-70 it was currently selling for. This is just one of many examples I've been seeing. Some key items are still selling high, anything super rare will always command a premium regardless - but I think in general it's starting to become a good time to buy. I've ever seen the gunmetal PS3's close BELOW what they were being sold for on Konami.com.

Keep in mind October/November is always heats up again for the xmas buying season - so August and September may be ideal months to snag some items at it's lowest prices until 2009.

Of course, all it takes is Kojima anouncing a new MG title and prices will start to rise again.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Re: Prices starting to cool down in MG collecting?

Post by Dick Motorman »

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to keep my eyes on ebay.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Yeah it's been quite noticeable. I watch alot of items and notice it all across the board. There's alot of items I've seen go at around 60% of what they did a month ago. I think not only is the hype dying down but there might've been an oversaturation in the marketplace as well as alot of sellers have decided this is the time to sell their items.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

That's great news, although, seen as I'e only just started buying, I don't really have anyprevious experiences to compare. Either way though, I know I'm happy with the purchases and after getting a premium MGS pack today for under £50 I know that's a good deal! Hopefully the prices keep dropping!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:That's great news, although, seen as I'e only just started buying, I don't really have anyprevious experiences to compare. Either way though, I know I'm happy with the purchases and after getting a premium MGS pack today for under £50 I know that's a good deal! Hopefully the prices keep dropping!
That is a good deal!

I just saw the limited edition gunmetal ps3 close used but in "mint" condition for only $325 in complete condition in box.

I think not only is the hype around MG dying down, but I think getting late into the summer people are getting out more and spending more of the money they may have used to buy luxury items online. I've got to cut down myself. Once it hits November though that's usually when I go into sell mode as people buy like crazy. So I may be unloading alot of my double copies of items then.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!