What's it worth?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Re: What's it worth?

Post by gixo »

jonthomas83 wrote:Yeah I'd have to agree matt, you make a good point. For a regular sealed game it seems like an absurd price to pay. I am looking for sealed PAL games but I refuse to pay prices like that. Maybe one day when I get more income I'll be able to part with the cash but it just seems unrealistic to spend that much money on a regular game that I'll never get anything out of, cos I'll never sell it and I'll only ever look at it and not play it or enjoy the inserts! lol.
I don't know why, but PAL-MGS2 Sealed is MUCH cheaper. I got one for £5 from a guy in Sweden who didn't know very much =) and another one from ebay for like £10.
I wish i could get that high prices for mine :O
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

gixo wrote:I don't know why, but PAL-MGS2 Sealed is MUCH cheaper. I got one for £5 from a guy in Sweden who didn't know very much =) and another one from ebay for like £10.
I wish i could get that high prices for mine :O
Let me know if you see any more like that mate, I'd be interested at those prices! lol. :)
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

ahaha, same! for £10, i wouldnt mind grabbing one.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

I think prices are so high because you're not just competing with Metal Gear collectors but general sealed game collectors as well, and some of the US releases are quite rare.

MGS2 Substance had a low print run as it was never a big success in North America. Document of MGS2 is rare as well, and I think next year we'll see that one cracking $200 as well and perhaps climb close to $300 (sealed f course).

I'm definately glad I started collecting when I did because many sealed games I got for 25%-40% of what they close for now. I think my sealed copies of Substance, Document and the original black label release MGS2 all sealed cost me under $200 total.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

How much would my Sealed MGS2 Premium Pack be worth? It's the one I bought off jac.com violentsnake that we were looking it. The picture didn't show it in it's best way, but I'm glad I bought it, because it is perfect. Just a horrible picture.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:How much would my Sealed MGS2 Premium Pack be worth? It's the one I bought off jac.com violentsnake that we were looking it. The picture didn't show it in it's best way, but I'm glad I bought it, because it is perfect. Just a horrible picture.

I'd say 175-200 on Yahoo Japan. Yeah I was really on the fence on that one. I do think however the black box with that loose wrapping will probably never take a great picture, so I should take that into account next time.

Someone had sent me a link to the MGS1 and MGS2 premium packages both sealed in one auction but by the time I clicked the link someone did the buy-out price at I think 12,000Y which is crazy low.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!