*NAME GOES HERE*, I hate you. (Post All Bidding Rants Here!)

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

*NAME GOES HERE*, I hate you. (Post All Bidding Rants Here!)

Post by TSi »

I hate you!

stole my ebay item.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0277187710

yes, and i know you sniped it.
Last edited by TSi on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: ViolentSnake, I hate you so much...

Post by violentpig »

Oh hey man,

Yes my bids always come at the last second heh. At the most 3 seconds left :) I almost missed out because I was watching Full Metal Jacket, looking for updates on sites I visit only when my wife is napping :evil:, and doing some critical work left over from the office I have to get done by tommorrow.

What can I say I love MGS2 heh.

Trust me niyachan beats me out all the time. In no way can I match him if he REALLY goes for something. It's crazy. I bid $433.33 on a poster once and HE BEAT ME! I think he enters all "9" 's when he aggressively pursues an item. I've cursed his name quite a few times. On the plus side though if he sells something he'll give me the heads up first and I admire his collection greatly.

It's easily the best collection on the web with pictures to back up the item list.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Re: ViolentSnake, I hate you. (Post All Bidding Rants Here!)

Post by TSi »

gawd damn, u got it for easy, 61$, i was about to hit higher myself, but then stupid time ran out.

lol, i swear, you've koed me like at least 5 times now =P... too bad i cant enter all 9s yet.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Heh, I was pissed I forgot about a McFarlane figure I FORGOT about today. It's the Toy Fair silver Solid Snake still sealed (less than 100 exist - I know because I know someone who works with McFarlane Toys).

It went for $23!

I bought one last week for $42 which was a steal. I actually offered the other guy $42 if he ended it early but he said he'd take his chances on the auction and got just over half what I offered heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I am so glad I am no longer into collecting Metal gear stuff (at least in general). Some years back we were around 4 collectors. I recall that me and James usually had settled who would get the stuff before bidding, so we didn't step on one other's toes.

Heck, we sometimes told each other to buy something for the other if we were to be sleeping at the time. We even had each other's Ebay account for snipping when on vacation/needed. =P

But it is really nice to see you guys gathered here, I wonder how I'd feel if I were still getting that kind of items and into the action of snipping, miss those times.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

lol! we seriously gotta work something out with each other!

and the mcfarlane figure... damn it, too bad i didnt know, I woulda watched out for it for you (considering that i'm NOT collecting figures anytime soon yet).
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Heh, I always have my macbook with me on vacation so I never miss anything. I don't get the chance to snipe though heh. I think when I'm in Japan at the end of the year all my money will be going into Akihabara so you guys got a good 2 weeks of me out of the running for anything on the auction sites.

There are a select few who if I know are bidding on something I'll back off totally. Heck I've even sent them the links to the items a couple times too! That's usually only if it'll be a double of something though :mrgreen:
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

I knew you didn't have the signed one, but then of course, like your site saids "don't send any links that are from ebay NA"
man, im poor and im fighting a 1 sided war.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

if any of you is using a cellphone with 3G or edge connection, I made some Widsets to notify of new items and item status on YAJ. There are already automatic ones for ebay.

And of course, you can always bid from the cellphone, easier to carry around.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

violentsnake wrote:Heh, I was pissed I forgot about a McFarlane figure I FORGOT about today. It's the Toy Fair silver Solid Snake still sealed (less than 100 exist - I know because I know someone who works with McFarlane Toys).

It went for $23!

I bought one last week for $42 which was a steal. I actually offered the other guy $42 if he ended it early but he said he'd take his chances on the auction and got just over half what I offered heh.
I had no idea so many people were eying the Toy Fair Silver Solid Snake. THANK GOD I won it at such a low price then!!! :) I offered him 5 x more too if he'd close the auction and sell it to me, but he didn't. I'm sure he wishes he did though.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

Artemio wrote:if any of you is using a cellphone with 3G or edge connection, I made some [url=http://www.widsets.com"]Widsets[/url] to notify of new items and item status on YAJ. There are already automatic ones for ebay.

And of course, you can always bid from the cellphone, easier to carry around.
I was interested in this, but it doesn't seem my phone is supported. I use Verizon now, used to be T-Mobile.
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

Screaming Mantis wrote: I had no idea so many people were eying the Toy Fair Silver Solid Snake. THANK GOD I won it at such a low price then!!! :) I offered him 5 x more too if he'd close the auction and sell it to me, but he didn't. I'm sure he wishes he did though.
lol, I guess I'm happy to say I didn't know that its worth that much!!! but now that I do, the next one I see cheap... I'm gonna get it!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

TSi wrote:
Screaming Mantis wrote: I had no idea so many people were eying the Toy Fair Silver Solid Snake. THANK GOD I won it at such a low price then!!! :) I offered him 5 x more too if he'd close the auction and sell it to me, but he didn't. I'm sure he wishes he did though.
lol, I guess I'm happy to say I didn't know that its worth that much!!! but now that I do, the next one I see cheap... I'm gonna get it!
Good luck, I hope you find one. There is one on ebay for $299 BIN. lol
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

I remember when i finally found the MGS2 CE (tin box) with the Playing Cards on ebay. I mailed the seller and everything, making sure i would be able to bid from Sweden, and he said it was ok. So when sniping the last seconds... of course it did not work.
Walleye @ TUS got it...

Another thing that got me pissed was when i tried sniping MGS2 Substance. Ebay tells me i need to fill in my accountnumber and stuff! Just when i dont have time for it!
ImageImage
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

gixo wrote:I remember when i finally found the MGS2 CE (tin box) with the Playing Cards on ebay. I mailed the seller and everything, making sure i would be able to bid from Sweden, and he said it was ok. So when sniping the last seconds... of course it did not work.
Walleye @ TUS got it...

Another thing that got me pissed was when i tried sniping MGS2 Substance. Ebay tells me i need to fill in my accountnumber and stuff! Just when i dont have time for it!
I hate that!! It always happens to me when I ask the seller if they ship to Canada, and they agree, but when I try it, I'm not allowed to bid.
Last edited by TSi on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

TSi wrote:
gixo wrote:I remember when i finally found the MGS2 CE (tin box) with the Playing Cards on ebay. I mailed the seller and everything, making sure i would be able to bid from Sweden, and he said it was ok. So when sniping the last seconds... of course it did not work.
Walleye @ TUS got it...

wait wut?
ImageImage
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

gixo wrote:
TSi wrote:
Walleye @ TUS got it...

wait wut?
probably the re-login after the cookies expire. it's happened to me at inopportune times as well :/
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

WOW, I GOT SNIPED BY JON =P ahaha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... t_4367wt_0

congrats jon!
violentpig
Colonel

Re: *NAME GOES HERE*, I hate you. (Post All Bidding Rants Here!)

Post by violentpig »

what the hell, I was honored to have my name in the title!

although my choice would've been "niyachan, I hate you!" heh

dammit I'm gonna keep sniping you 'till I get back in the title :evil:

:lol:
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

TSi wrote:WOW, I GOT SNIPED BY JON =P ahaha.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... t_4367wt_0

congrats jon!
No way man, I looked at the bidding page and the 1st bidder was o***n ( 120Feedback score is 100 to 499). when I bid on it, the highest bidder was h***h( 13Feedback score is 10 to 49) , I assumed because you said you were the first bidder that you were o***n. Therefore, I thought it was safe to bid mate.

I'm really sorry man. I would never have done that if I'd known you were still in the race.

The item is yours if you still want it mate, I honestly don't mind giving it up to you. Please let me know, we'll sort out payment and I'll ship it straight on to you mate no problems at all. I'll even accept paypal costs as my responsibility fella. Hows that for a deal!?!?
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:what the hell, I was honored to have my name in the title!
although my choice would've been "niyachan, I hate you!" heh

dammit I'm gonna keep sniping you 'till I get back in the title :evil:
:lol:
ahaha, dont worry, I dont think the day will come when you would not snipe me... fine, maybe when you get everything in MGS and then you start collecting RE stuff.
you'll always be my 1st and most hated sniper =) jks jks jks.