Rarest Metal Gear figure?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
A.G.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid

Rarest Metal Gear figure?

Post by A.G. »

Does anyone know what is considered to be the rarest Metal Gear figure? Now, I'm not talking about the MG D, REX, and RAY statues Kojima got... something that's attainable. In the topic about my collection I mentioned that I have every Metal Gear figure out there. I don't recall seeing any other (official, not those resin kits on ebay) out there.

From my experience (9 years) I believe the rarest Metal Gear figure is the MGS3 Olive Drab Kubrick. It was never sold. There were only a couple hundred made (maybe less). It was lotteried out during the MGS3 release in Japan. So, that's a very rare item. I don't recall any other having that level of scarcity.

Anyone?
METAL GEAR FOREVER 2001-2010
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Re: Rarest Metal Gear figure?

Post by TSi »

I would also think its one of those 3 that were produced under 500 times.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

To find the Olive Drab Kubrick still sealed in box is probably #1. It took me a long time to get one in that condition. I've seen a few sealed in bag or completely open but there must only be a couple dozen (if that) left in completely sealed condition. If you've seen my site you know I'm quite finicky about having items completely sealed heh (in an almost unhealthy way).

Next I'd say the MGS2 Raiden sealed in bag with unbroken sword. My second one is on the way, but it's reserved to sell to someone on this site :mrgreen:

That's being specific though including condition.

In general for actual production run it's gotta for sure be the McFarlane Toy Fair 1999 silver solid snake. Only 100 were manufactured. I know this for sure because I actually know the person that was in charge of ordering these at McFarlane Toys (and still works with Todd to this day). He said when the box arrived at McFarlane toys about a dozen were scooped up by employees so only about 80-90 were given out.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
A.G.

Post by A.G. »

Really? I never knew that about the Silver MGS1 Snake. I got that one on ebay a while back, dirt cheap too! It was in a sealed bag and all too. Lucked out on that one!
If you've seen my site you know I'm quite finicky about having items completely sealed heh (in an almost unhealthy way).
Mine was sealed when I got it, but it's not good to me if I can't enjoy the view of the actual figure. The cardboard box doesn't allow you to view the item. So, I have it out, sitting on top of the box.
Next I'd say the MGS2 Raiden sealed in bag with unbroken sword. My second one is on the way, but it's reserved to sell to someone on this site
Didn't the Nightvision Gurlukovch soldier have a higher rarity scale? I think Raiden was 1 in 48 and the NV Gurluk. was 1 in 96.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Nope they're both the same. 1:96. It's been confirmed by many people on a kubrick forum I visited. So even though they're both as rare, the fact almost 50% of Raidens have broken swords makes a completely intact one almost twice as rare. The last Raiden on ebay closed $300US and on YJ 19,300Y (me) so it commands almost triple the value of the NV soldier.

I always thought the NV soldier was a poor choice for a chase figure, it should've been Pliskin. If that was the case and he had a smoke in his mouth that figure would be bigtime valuable.

I love the fact the Olive Drab is in the box! As most people have got to see it it'll make it even more rare to have a sealed one heh. I opened my Cold War Snake that was boxed, however there's 2005 of those so it's not even a $50 figure.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

lol

I used to work at comic store, had no idea the night vision gurlukavhich was worth a dime.

I had 3, lost one, gave one to a freind, and the thrid is broken

i hate my life
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
A.G.

Post by A.G. »

OOF! tough break, dude!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

like they said, 3rd times the charm... lol!
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

my biggest mgs related fuck up to date is still

I bought the big doll of sniper wolf, took her out of the box , i live in california and some times it gets fuck'n hot. I had her sniper rifle up to her face, so when you come in it's like the bitch is gonna cap ya, well one day i move her, and the fuck'n plastic of the rifle is stuck to her eye, pull it off and she's got a fat ass black ring around her eye.

Few weeks later me and this chick name chantal get into a wrestling match *with sexy results* needless to say she kicks the wall sniper wolf falls breaks the rifle.

Now i got a black eye'd broken gun'd sniper wolf.

How much those sell for anyway?
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)