To Open or Not To Open.....

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

To Open or Not To Open.....

Post by Screaming Mantis »

I got a bunch of goodies in today guys (eg. 2 sealed NES Metal Gears, MGS3 Shareholder Edition, etc.), but the thing that concerns this post is the MGS3. I ordered it used off play-asia.com and when it came in it was sealed! I was kind of shocked at first, then I realized it wasn't the factory seal because it doesn't have the "Playstation" seam wrapping around the bottom. But anyways with my collection I try to obtain a sealed copy, and a used copy to open and look at/play whatever. ...................So should I open this one, and wait for a real sealed copy? Or wait till I find a real sealed copy then open the one I already have? Thanks guys.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: To Open or Not To Open.....

Post by violentpig »

Well, it's definately a re-seal. As you said, it needs the Playstation logo in the tear strip (I can confirm it is there heh). I guess there's no real effect in value if you open it, and in that case since it is used you never how the condition of the item is inside. Missing instructions or scratched disc...you never know.

On the other hand, having it wrapped in plastic is as least extra protection, and I think it probably looks nicer on display. If you don't plan on playing it then why really open it. You can see pictures of the disc and instructions online.

I'd definately just keep it sealed until you get a factory sealed one or unless you have a real urge to open it. You have nothing to lose or gain either way really.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

It looks really good too considering it is used. Looks brand new with the seal, and it feels heavy too for some reason. It's nicer than some brand new sealed games I have.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Okay guys................I broke down. I opened it..............WOW. My new favorite piece. Everything is immaculate within the case. The instructions are there, the green letter from Konami is there, and of course the game is there. The game looks as if it had never been played. As if they took of the factory seal, re-sealed it, then sold it. I'm glad I opened it. Anyone have a sealed one now? LOL

violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Heh, I like your sig.

The MGS2 shareholder sealed is quite rare these days. I got mine via private sale/auction, and it's the only one I've ever seen. Although like I said my MGS3 is on hold for someone, I'll keep my eye out. You're almost for sure going to have to get it from Yahoo Japan.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Are all the green shareholder cards in the MGS3 signed? I could have sworn I saw one on a website that didn't have a signature, and one that did. Because mine does, and it says 2009, wtf? Haha

I'll take pictures as soon as I get a camera.