Kojima Collector Wiki

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Kojima Collector Wiki

Post by jonthomas83 »

We really should start thinking about doing a guide/archive/encyclopedia/database for all things Kojima/Metal Gear/both! (Sorry lots of slashes, but I've got a million things going around in my brain at the moment. It would solve problems like this and would be a superb resource for anyone who's interested.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: Metal Gear item price list

Post by violentpig »

Yeah Artemio, get on it :mrgreen:

I'd do it but it take me 2 hours to make a sub-par banner for my site, let alone anything on that grand a scale heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I do have the intention as you know. Only thing is that I really want to make a custom engine. But I was considering installing the wikipedia engine for a beta test for the site.. and then migrating to the new custom engine specifically targeted for our use.

The intention is to create a site that does all that Junker HQ does and way more. My idea is that the site will have a core base of users, who will be able to edit it. We can add to that core of course. The main purpose would be to have the images/scans, general information, trivia not allowed on wikipedia and collector information. Of course it would need to be filtered and standardized, we don't want it full with trash.

I already have a domain, http://kpcollector.net (Kojima Productions Collector) and I believe I could setup a wiki in no time.. But I am not sure if I'd rather set up the full site as I envision it. Problem is, I don't have the time to code it right now. I already have good ideas as to what needs to be coded, and also thought of paying a programmer I could supervise.

I had already talked about this with a few of you, but what do you guys think?
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

ii think its a good idea to implement the wiki for now, I am pretty sure a lot of users here will help update it.

Then when you have time, you can find someone to put in a new engine.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Yeah definitely Artemio, it sounds like a great plan. I think you should go with the Wiki idea first off then migrate later on. At least that way we can crack on with the endless amounts of content preparation that's gonna be involved. Could you not mess around and tweak the Wiki engine to your specific needs?

I really think it'd be a nice idea to have a Kojima/metal gear art dump. I've seen a couple of threads on here asking for images and artwork. It would be great to have an art archive. Whether it's Shinkawa Art, Kojima's Metal Gear Models, or good artwork from fans. All of which could be nicely sectioned off into categories like Metal Gear, MGS1, PO, Models, Fan Art etc.

Here's something that I got put together already using my hosting company's gallery maker, simple but it works:
http://theartofmetalgear.jonathanpthomas.com/

I like the domain you have, it sounds good.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Kpcollector is good, but honestly....I really think junkerhq.net is good too. Just have links on the main site to it and give it a subdoman of wiki.junkerhq.net or something like that.

I wish I could help more on the technical side, but I could definately be a help on the actual data/info side.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Lady Serpente

Post by Lady Serpente »

If you need some nice gallery script/program, try JAlbum (java). The installation is very easy and it doesn't even require a Java knowledge or a SQL database + it got some nice features like the option to automatically add a watermark when you upload the pics. Example: http://www.devilmaycry.it/gallery/ (i know DMC3 section leads to a 404 error cause it's empty and i didnt set a custom 404 page - and yea i took all of the screenshots by myself back a couple years ago :roll: ).

A Wiki page for KP related stuff sounds nice... and as side note, as many of you probably already know: http://metalgear.wikia.com

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

Lady Serpente wrote:automatically add a watermark when you upload the pics
watermarks :cry:
Lady Serpente wrote: A Wiki page for KP related stuff sounds nice... and as side note, as many of you probably already know: http://metalgear.wikia.com
But with a wikipage it could maybe be possible to do a complete list of all things there is to get!
ImageImage
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

gixo wrote:
Lady Serpente wrote: A Wiki page for KP related stuff sounds nice... and as side note, as many of you probably already know: http://metalgear.wikia.com
But with a wikipage it could maybe be possible to do a complete list of all things there is to get!
Yeah Gixo, you're right, this is exactly what we're talking about. The Metal Gear Wiki that exists is exactly that...a Metal Gear Wiki. We're talking about a Metal Gear "Collectors" Wiki with memorabilia etc.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

Ok, I am almost ready to release the wiki site, I just want to make sure we all are on the same channel.

Of course we, all the interested people, will make this grow. I can contribute as well, but cannot do much as a start up but to set up the system. I believe there are some guidelines we have to agree to first. These are *not* written in stone, it is what I believe. Please discuss as necessary below.

I believe the full site should be under creative commons rights, of course noting appropiate copyright whenever it is necessary, specially on hosted images.

All images should be as clean as possible (i.e. no pictures when possible, but scans). And of course no watermarks. I also believe that we should give big enough images to appreciate the material, but not big enough or ready top print for piracy. Just as Junker's policy has been so far, to show the item as it is and not the direct scan of just the cover to print.

I believe we should start with a small and controlled community until we grow this to a decent size.

I also believe we can have all the images and information that can and won't be available at Wikipedia or any other Kojima site.

For the time being I already setup a full wiki site, but registration is not possible for the tiem being. please PM your desired login and mail so that the engine gives you access and we can get this started. The first assignments should be to create the main pages and agree on rules and everything else we want to build up.

So, start discussion.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Ack

My 200+ pictures with my "liquidocelot.com" in it definately aren't suitable for that heh. I think some may not have it though.

Sometimes I forget :)
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Lady Serpente

Post by Lady Serpente »

gixo wrote:
Lady Serpente wrote:automatically add a watermark when you upload the pics
watermarks :cry:
Well it was just an example of an optional feature :mrgreen: and not only for this wiki/gallery project, it looks nice & it's useful for every site requiring an image gallery, so i wanted to share it ;)

@Artemio:
Uhm some CC commons for it might be ok... plus
Artemio wrote:I believe we should start with a small and controlled community until we grow this to a decent size.
I support the idea to don't open it for edit to everyone, at least in first times =x and maybe you could pick some of your old-time forum users as 'editors in chief' or something like this >.<

/sorry for being zzz

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Re: Kojima Collector Wiki

Post by bay »

seeing that I (and it sounds like lots of people here) are interested in this, i'm excited to help.

i started my own webpage (it's been years since i've bothered with HTML guys, so this was BIG for me) for my collection to share what i know on the items, etc.

sweet. :mrgreen:
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

I am planning to make my own site, but I want a dedicated domain and host... but I have no money, so thats what's stopping me.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

So far nobody has sent me a PM with their desired login.

it seems interest died al of a sudden =P

URl is http://wiki.junkerhq.net as suggested. All is open to discussion and suggestions, so feel free to post here.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

Are you accepting new members yet? I'd be happy to scan and write about some of my European items.

EDIT- I'm an idiot. I'll PM you now, Artemio.
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

TSi wrote:I am planning to make my own site, but I want a dedicated domain and host... but I have no money, so thats what's stopping me.
Cool but what's the point in re-inventing the wheel? I thought exactly the same thing a few weeks ago and so have a others on here but it seems sensible to contribute to Junker as it's an established community and no doubt will grow. It's encouraging to see that it's grown significantly since the beginning of August already.

Great wiki already Artemio, I'm sure that people will get their skates on soon!

I don't have much time now but I will give some more comments and thoughts on this when I get around to it mate.
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

jonthomas83 wrote:Cool but what's the point in re-inventing the wheel? I thought exactly the same thing a few weeks ago and so have a others on here but it seems sensible to contribute to Junker as it's an established community and no doubt will grow. It's encouraging to see that it's grown significantly since the beginning of August already.

Great wiki already Artemio, I'm sure that people will get their skates on soon!

I don't have much time now but I will give some more comments and thoughts on this when I get around to it mate.
Its because in my own site... I can do whatever I want! lol, the best idea would be... having your own "wiki" page to put stuff there... but itd be pretty unorganized.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

The idea of this wiki is for it to be whatever we all want. I don't want to impose stuff.. I just typed what I believe are general guidelines.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

I've added a few pages already... they are empty as of yet.

- Price List
- Hideo Kojima
- Metal Gear Solid
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

Yeah, like Artemio said, it'll be something we can all give our time and efforts to, whatever we think should be there can go there. Within reason and in topic of course.

So, is it the plan to transfer all of the Kojima Games section of JunkerHQ over to the Wiki?

Also, when you say scans and images, are we talking scans from a scanner or is that a term for another way of doing things? Sorry to sound stupid but I just wanna make sure, especially as you'd rather scans than photos. You call the shots, just let me know what's best! :)
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

jonthomas83 wrote:Yeah definitely Artemio, it sounds like a great plan. I think you should go with the Wiki idea first off then migrate later on. At least that way we can crack on with the endless amounts of content preparation that's gonna be involved. Could you not mess around and tweak the Wiki engine to your specific needs?

I really think it'd be a nice idea to have a Kojima/metal gear art dump. I've seen a couple of threads on here asking for images and artwork. It would be great to have an art archive. Whether it's Shinkawa Art, Kojima's Metal Gear Models, or good artwork from fans. All of which could be nicely sectioned off into categories like Metal Gear, MGS1, PO, Models, Fan Art etc.

Here's something that I got put together already using my hosting company's gallery maker, simple but it works:
http://theartofmetalgear.jonathanpthomas.com/

I like the domain you have, it sounds good.
I got a huge folder with MG-pictures =D A huge gallery on the site would be nice.
Artemio wrote: I also believe that we should give big enough images to appreciate the material, but not big enough or ready top print for piracy. Just as Junker's policy has been so far, to show the item as it is and not the direct scan of just the cover to print.
Why is that? I want my pics in super condition (biggest size). I mean, it would go a bit out of order if we uploaded all pages from comics and such. But i mean, press-pictures. why not? I hate when people resize pictures :cry:
ImageImage
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

I think there should be pages for each game, then pages covering each item relating to the speciffic games. Special events and promotions like the HOPPERS VOL 2: Snake vs Zombie event and the MetalGear 20th Anniversary should have their own pages too, since they get their own items. The E3s and TGSes don't really need pages, but they could be added if anyone finds a decent amount to write about each of them.

Pictures should be the best quality available. If someone can replace a low-quality image with a clearer or higher-resolution one, they should go ahead. I think we should agree on a limit for image-size, though.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

jonthomas83 wrote:So, is it the plan to transfer all of the Kojima Games section of JunkerHQ over to the Wiki?
Yes, that is part of the work to do. I believe it would be a nice template to start from. I can provide higher res images when necessary (old pages had lower res images).

So feel free to take any images and information from there and add it if you feel like it.
jonthomas83 wrote:Also, when you say scans and images, are we talking scans from a scanner or is that a term for another way of doing things? Sorry to sound stupid but I just wanna make sure, especially as you'd rather scans than photos. You call the shots, just let me know what's best! :)
I mention scans because images form a scanner are usually better in showcasing the item. Of course there are a lot of items that can't be scanned, mainly due to their size. For those cases images that have a neutral background would be great to have.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

gixo wrote:Why is that? I want my pics in super condition (biggest size). I mean, it would go a bit out of order if we uploaded all pages from comics and such. But i mean, press-pictures. why not? I hate when people resize pictures :cry:
I understand what you mean, and I feel the same way. I would like them to be as clean as possible, but had always felt that I was responsible for half the images that end up with pirate copies of soundtracks on the net :P

Even have had several dozen mails asking for higher res/cleaner images to print for a pirate copy.. I've always rejected those. That was my reasoning behind what I posted.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]