What's hot, what's not - September 08

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

What's hot, what's not - September 08

Post by violentpig »

Just thought I'd give my 2 cents on what I think might be hot on the scene right now, and what might have cooled off. It may help give people an indication what to be on the lookout for deal-wise, and maybe what they should hold off on until it cools down a bit. If the thread seems useful at all (which I'm on the fence on) I'll do it monthly.

HOT:

Raiden - The Medicom RAH figure has definately resparked interest in him. The Raiden Kubrick closed at $300 last time on ebay (sealed). The UDF figure and variant are more common, but anything to do with Raiden (figures, games, posters) is pretty hot right now.

MGS2 - May partly be spillover from Raiden's popularity. Sealed original MGS2 games are rare and are closing higher on ebay than ever before. This include JPN versions. An MGS2 shareholder I estimate would fetch $400-$500 if listed right now.

MGS3 RAH figures - Easily averaging 300+ on ebay. To get one lower than that is a "good price" right now. I like to think these will cool off in the near future, but maybe not. $300+ may be the new price standard for these.

NOT:

MGS3 - Subsistence and Subsistence LE seem to be on the low side right now. May be a good idea to snag one if you haven't yet. Even the MGS3 premium package can be attained under $100 on Yahoo Japan - for now anyways. Other than the shareholder version, all the other MGS3 games are either "cold" or "steady" at the moment.

Saga DVD's - MGS Saga vol1 was red hot a few months ago, closing between $80-$100. Now those days seem quite distant as you should be able to get one for a third of that. Saga vol2 you can get even cheaper than that.

MGS4 games/systems - Still quite common and easy to find. So common in fact in the MGS3 LE systems are closing below retail price with resellers taking a hit on them.

Just my 2 cents from what I follow from auction closes.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
micster
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2
Kojima games owned: www.micster.co.nr + Zone of the Enders 1
PSN: THEmicster

Re: What's hot, what's not - September 08

Post by micster »

The Konamistyle MGS4 shirts come out next week and are supposedly super super limited; There available on Play-Asia so try to get one now else you'll have to use YA and eBay to find them - Making them even more expensive than they are now
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

each shirt for 50$? seems very expensive for "shirts"
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
micster

Post by micster »

TSi wrote:each shirt for 50$? seems very expensive for "shirts"
Yes they are super super expensive, But cos of the limited amount made they will probably sell for more on auctions after
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Thanks for the heads up micster, I actually didn't know about those. $50 for a shirt is pricey, but like you said it could immediately turn into a $75-100 item on the auction sites!

EDIT: konamistyle retail price is 3,990Y so play-asia is only marking them up $10. Very fair I'd say. I think I'll go order the black one.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
micster

Post by micster »

Oh dear, Are play-asia having some troubles getting stock of the shirt maybe?

Also lol at 'recent order' cos I ordered it near the end of July.