Who is this bidder?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Re: Who is this bidder?

Post by TSi »

bay wrote:not to raise the price, but to raise the price on all the auctions to push him out of it in the overall scope of all the auctions they are bidding.
i still dont get what you are trying to say... are you telling me i cant bid because i might push him out of an item? I wasnt planning to raise the price on all the auctions to push him out... I wanted ONE item. *note* this is ONE item that I was thinking of getting.
bay wrote:.... uh huh..
that was commander, not me... and of course, im sure he meant it as a joke
bay wrote:what i'm saying is brand new items, like an anime coming out on dvd, costs insane amounts in japan. a japanese bidder is used to this, and will bid accordingly to what they are used to.
I know that, I do have brand new items, WHICH IS an anime that came out on dvd that cost an insane amount. but like i said, I personally buy stuff according to what i think its worth.
bay wrote:so is violent an ass because he bought multiples of sealed and other items to list them at high prices on ebay? people will fund their hobby through their hobbies, it's not unheard of, and definitely not worth badmouthing people for.
yes, he knows i hate him, theres a thread about it (ahaha, jks jks jks vs, no hard feelings)... but to bid on something that rare is basically telling every other collector to "shove off", its like a monopoly in reality. people dont like monopoly, but it happens.
bay wrote:as for best_of_japan, they offer many things on ebay (and based out of japan directly) there's nothing wrong with that.
of course, this is how business makes money, everyone knows that...
bay wrote:as for anyone's intent i'm not indicating anything, however you end up sounding as such. you guys gotta relax and enjoy your hobby, otherwise it's too much work and then well..
the thing is, i dont see how you are taking in the perspective that im not "enjoying my hobby", hey, part OF the hobby IS to get angry at someone who gets the item before you. =P. of course, i mean, think about it this way... what fun is it to collecting if everything that you can get is common and if no one wants it?

BUT:
in the end, like you said, this is a hobby, theres nothing much that we should be fussing about. as long as you are enjoying it and is happy about it, anything else doesnt matter.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

TSi wrote:
bay wrote:not to raise the price, but to raise the price on all the auctions to push him out of it in the overall scope of all the auctions they are bidding.
i still dont get what you are trying to say... are you telling me i cant bid because i might push him out of an item? I wasnt planning to raise the price on all the auctions to push him out... I wanted ONE item. *note* this is ONE item that I was thinking of getting.
alright well, i read it as that if people could bid up the items then they'd (aa*) would have to stop bidding on all of them because the total $ in all those auctions would be more than they could pay. that's all.
TSi wrote:
bay wrote:.... uh huh..
that was commander, not me... and of course, im sure he meant it as a joke
up until my post what commander posted is the general feeling i got from responses in the thread.
TSi wrote:I do have brand new items, WHICH IS an anime that came out on dvd that cost an insane amount. but like i said, I personally buy stuff according to what i think its worth.
agreed, i was just indicating what a japanese person would be willing to bid at based on the cost of items in their market.
TSi wrote:but to bid on something that rare is basically telling every other collector to "shove off", its like a monopoly in reality. people dont like monopoly, but it happens.
i dont know if i agree with this summation about bidding on rare items... nope. i don't agree. :/
TSi wrote:
bay wrote:as for best_of_japan, they offer many things on ebay (and based out of japan directly) there's nothing wrong with that.
of course, this is how business makes money, everyone knows that...
and speaking of this, i have just basically confirmed that best_of_japan is taking stuff of YAJ and reselling it. an auction i slept through and was won (dunno if its aa* since i deleted my watch bookmark) is definately being resold by best_of_japan, in parts, on ebay.
TSi wrote:hey, part OF the hobby IS to get angry at someone who gets the item before you. =P. of course, i mean, think about it this way... what fun is it to collecting if everything that you can get is common and if no one wants it?
i've collected things no one would ever want. i'm not in collecting for people to oogle my collections. it's for me, not them.

does this mean i don't enjoy talking and sharing information on collectables and my collections? no. that's where the idea of a hobbiest community is appealing. like this board.

despite what was intended, i feel rather dissapointed in some people's posts from time to time. nothing worth stopping the world over however.
TSi wrote:in the end, like you said, this is a hobby, theres nothing much that we should be fussing about. as long as you are enjoying it and is happy about it, anything else doesnt matter.
indeed.
mattbellamy
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: All

Post by mattbellamy »

You're so AHA, Bay. I'm discovered your true identity :mrgreen:
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

mattbellamy wrote:You're so AHA, Bay. I'm discovered your true identity :mrgreen:
lol, if only i was... *dream*