Who is this bidder?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Who is this bidder?

Post by violentpig »

aha***** / 評価:322

Is this a bid service? Example, I know Rinkya is Rin***** and JAC, SMJ have their own ID's.

It's from Yahoo Japan. The reason I ask is this bidder has the top 3 bids on all my MGS:PO Premium Plus packs *AND* the sealed gold shareholder MGS1. The total cost for all these items at the bids they're currently at I think is starting to approach $2000US.

For an example of an item see: http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... /b91680589

I've never seen this bidder before and I've been closely watching Yahoo Japan for a while. He must've just won the lottery or something.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Re: Who is this bidder?

Post by Screaming Mantis »

I thought you'd be bidding on that MGS:PO

..............guess I was right.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
mattbellamy
Favorite Game: MGS2
Kojima games owned: All

Post by mattbellamy »

I've seen this bidder another auction I was bidding on, the "aha..." guy... how could I forget this name? :mrgreen: He was the only guy who had spotted the Kerotan and Ga-Ko coin banks I was bidding on, hopefully I won them :mrgreen: He must be a japanese collector I guess because you had to know how to write japanese to find these ga-ko and kerotan, the seller had forgotten to write metal gear and stuff in japanese, he had written specifically these items but in japanese.

There's something I don't get though. People are selling very rare identical items IN THE SAME WEEK? How dumb are they? It will decrease their value. Two pristine shareholder gold packages? Three MPO premium packs (the limited one!)??? I really don't get it. And above all, I don't get why the same "aha" guy is bidding on all of these! I guess that he first spotted an item for a high price, then he noticed there were the same items for a cheaper price so he must have decided to bid on everything to get sure he doesn't get ripped off. I'm sure he'll eventually sell his duplicates.

Anyway, if I wanted one of these packs and that I used japanauctioncenter, they'd make me pay like 150$ fees, then considering the items are kind of heavy they'd charge me 40$ for shipping, and to end with I'd have to pay the tax, 30% of the final price :mrgreen: Hahahaha :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket.
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

the 2 premium packages are because of the same guy, ones sealed one isnt, so I mean, if he needs quick cash, he is probably forced to do so.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Yeah, it is very odd all those items were put up at the same time.

Regarding the MGSPO packages, I actually know a US site that sells it for $499.99 but they get terrible reviews online about poor shipping and late shipping. One person actually had a review specifically on the MGSPO PSP saying they received it damaged from poor shipping. It's because I can take a chance at that price I'm likely out of the running on those.

My thought process, the third one was listed (the open one) after the owner saw the 2 sealed one with bids at 65,000Y and over 40,000Y as they realised what they could get for it.

It'll be very interesting to see what all the items he's bidding on closes at. I'll probably post the results in this thread on the 3 PSP's and the gold shareholder package.

There's also a few of the regular MGSPO psp's listed sealed as well, might be a good time to scoop one of those as I'd probably like to have both in the collection anyways.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

im gonna for sure make him suffer for my run of the bids on that gold premium... if he bidded that high =P
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Heh, yeah please do :) I'm hoping other bidders put a dent in his bank account so I can maybe make a run at one of the PSP's. I'll have to think about it today.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

I'm actually thinking hes just putting the bid there because of a placement... and probably knows hes gonna get "beat"...

so basically its like... if he gets outbidded, he doesnt care cause he as a few items that are the same bidded on.
if he doesn't get beat, maybe he thinks that he got it at a good price. and is hoping people dont bid on top of that.

i know of some people who will bid on a lot of item, but its just the "minimum amount increased" to the previous bid.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

That's actually a really good point. Chances are he's not going to be extremely aggressive on all 3. Still though, after fees and shipping etc 47,500Y = about $600US.

I've never spent that much on a video game collectible, and I doubt I'd even win it at that price.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote:That's actually a really good point. Chances are he's not going to be extremely aggressive on all 3. Still though, after fees and shipping etc 47,500Y = about $600US.

I've never spent that much on a video game collectible, and I doubt I'd even win it at that price.
well, like you said, it really depends on how much you favor your collectables. I personally do not collect anything else, so I am willing to dish out a few more bills for something that I think may be *extinct* in the long run. I do have other hobbies, but of course, those are at a halt, because most of them are... "hardware + audio related".

(ie... im very convinced to say that probably 1 pair of my headphones are already more expensive than your most expensive MGS item and then I have a DAC that is even more expensive than my headphones, and smaller than dvd case)
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

you guys are too funny.

there are plenty of japanese collectors, brought up in japan and are used to things being expensive. 70$ for a couple anime episodes on one disc? really? yes.

trying to crack this collector? haha. this one has been bidding a long time, on most all mgs items i look after. i can't recall if they are usually in the top 3 of the last bidders, but the idea of ganging up on auctions to rise the price (what?) so you have a better chance of kicking someone out of the bidding race is borderline vindictive.

i think you've lost some of the idea that this is a hobby and enjoy it.
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

bay wrote:you guys are too funny.

there are plenty of japanese collectors, brought up in japan and are used to things being expensive. 70$ for a couple anime episodes on one disc? really? yes.

trying to crack this collector? haha. this one has been bidding a long time, on most all mgs items i look after. i can't recall if they are usually in the top 3 of the last bidders, but the idea of ganging up on auctions to rise the price (what?) so you have a better chance of kicking someone out of the bidding race is borderline vindictive.

woah woah woah there... who said we are ganging up on the auctions to rise the price? I said I'm gonna give him a run for my money, its because i WANT the item, so i WILL be bidding on it and if he happens to go ABOVE my bidding price, thats good for him.

and then violent, he WANTS a premium PSP pack, he's just deciding if its worth it for him to try and overbid this dude.

i dont see anything wrong with our methods in bidding for what we want. I mean, for one thing, i am SURE we're not doing the thing you've just suggested or thought.

and 70$ for a couple of episode on 1 disc? I have that... I'm not saying im rich, or things are expensive (well, fine they are expensive)... but I personally pay for what I think its worth.
Commander
Favorite Game: METAL GEAR SOLID 3
PSN: UsCoMmAnDeR

Post by Commander »

violent outbid this guys please
Lady Serpente

Post by Lady Serpente »

I was wondering the same... I noticed this aha**** guy too, he is/was also the higher bidder on another gold premium package: http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/115897757 and this MGS3 Medicom figure: http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b89344732, plus i've seen bids by him on other MGS items but i have no more links about them.

@ bay, sowy but i can't understand how you came to a such conclusion D: i think no one here has so much money to bid on a very expensive item just to 'gang-bang'/piss someone. Except if that person is interested too in that item... ^^; i noticed him cause I AM interested in one of those items, for the rest i really don't mind if he wants to bid on whole Yahoo Japan, and i guess it's the same here even for everyone else ;)

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

yeah, interested in MY item of interest =P ahaha. jks jks jks.

the thing is, I dont see why he's bidding on so much of the replicate, unless he's one of those asses who plan to sell them on ebay.com (watch him be "best_of_japan")

then there's a reason for him in bidding multiples and these rare items, he'll be making a fortune over on ebay.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:you guys are too funny.

I think you misinterpreted why I asked the question. I was basically wondering if it was a bidding service or a private bidder. I just find it really odd 1 person would bid so high to get so many of the same item. I mean, even if he's a reseller there's no way he's gonna get $800-900 for on of these reselling on the auction sites, not even ebay and not even from me. I think they'll go so high they won't be worth reselling.

As far as trying to "crack" a bidder, I don't need anyone's help to do that. If I want to beat someone, all I have to do is bid as high as I need to right? Why would I need anyone else to join in? In the long run it'd make things more costly for me. As Lady_Serpente said, none of us here probably have the funds to gang up on him, I sure as heck know I don't.

The only reason I'd want to know who it is personally (which I don't) is to sell them my stuff! Shit I'd be the guy's best friend if he wants to break the bank on some MG items. The way he bids I'll sell him anything in my collection heh.

But basically it was very helpful for me to post this. I learned:
-he's a serious MG collector in Japan
-has alot of funds behind him to get what he wants.
-when he bids he doesn't need to take into account bid service fees
-no extra shipping costs for him
-probably available at the computer in the event of a time extension if he's outbid - so I better be there to in case he counter bids and outbids me

I take all these things into account when I'm bidding on something. Even though I'm not going to buy one of the PSP's I now know if he's the top bidder on something I have a better idea of how much I should bid and that I should probably make sure I can be there too in the event of a bid war.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Best of luck though to those with an eye on the sealed premium package he's got the top bid on. I know a couple people here are eyeing it.

Like I said, I won't be bidding on the PSP so at least if you're looking at that too you won't see a rin***** bid from me heh.

The last one closed at 56000Y or 58000Y I can't remember...jt?....so keep that in mind when bidding.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote: The only reason I'd want to know who it is personally (which I don't) is to sell them my stuff! Shit I'd be the guy's best friend if he wants to break the bank on some MG items. The way he bids I'll sell him anything in my collection heh.

But basically it was very helpful for me to post this. I learned:
-he's a serious MG collector in Japan
-has alot of funds behind him to get what he wants.
-when he bids he doesn't need to take into account bid service fees
-no extra shipping costs for him
-probably available at the computer in the event of a time extension if he's outbid - so I better be there to in case he counter bids and outbids me
I could care how much of a serious collector he may be... bidding (and maybe winning) on the same type of item for 4-5 times is not right.... its not even debatable terms of the collector's aspect.

There must be a reason why he's grabbing more than one, and I don't think theres any other reason than to resell (maybe not now, but later on). OR he's building a museum with MG stuff.

and yeah, like vs said, he has a lot more stuff that he doesn't need to consider, ie.. extra shipping, stupid fees, different timezones.

in terms of the sealed item... now even myself, im wondering if that 58000 yen is worth it =P
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Yeah, that is quite high. They were about 40,000Y earlier this year but definately spiked since the release of MGS4.

I can't put the guy down for buying multiple copies of the same item though...I'm pretty guilty of that myself. I bought my 4th and 5th copies of VR Missions sealed in a 12hr span (but did end up selling once since).

BUT, I am selling my doubles - almost all are "on hold" at the moment, but in a couple weeks I think I may try and clean out some stuff and I'll have a better idea of what's available. Both MG and non-MG. Especially since come Sep.16th ebay has really cheap fixed listings (but high closing fees which I'll take into account when I price things).
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I was eyeing on most of these items too. Unfortunately, that's all there is that I can do... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Good luck to everyone. I hope I can join those high bids and WIN too! :mrgreen:
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

violentsnake wrote:The last one closed at 56000Y or 58000Y I can't remember...jt?....so keep that in mind when bidding.
Whatever it was I know it's a figure I'd rather forget and I know I will never make the same mistake again! No regrets though, I love my stockholder pack, it's just I'll never do it again. If I remember correctly, it was around the 51,000Y mark. Good luck to whoever bids guys.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

jonthomas83 wrote:
violentsnake wrote:The last one closed at 56000Y or 58000Y I can't remember...jt?....so keep that in mind when bidding.
Whatever it was I know it's a figure I'd rather forget and I know I will never make the same mistake again! No regrets though, I love my stockholder pack, it's just I'll never do it again. If I remember correctly, it was around the 51,000Y mark. Good luck to whoever bids guys.
Hey man, when you start to see these go for 80,000Y-100,000Y in a couple years you'll think you got a steal!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

violentsnake wrote:Hey man, when you start to see these go for 80,000Y-100,000Y in a couple years you'll think you got a steal!
That's a good way to look at it mate and yeah I'm really pleased with it don't get me wrong.

I wrote a whole essay for this post but it's really not appropriate so I'll PM you with it instead mate! :)
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

violentsnake wrote: Hey man, when you start to see these go for 80,000Y-100,000Y in a couple years you'll think you got a steal!
remember to take in the inflation amount =P.
http://www.westegg.com/inflation/
so techincally, games LIKE MGS costing "50$" before, and now costing "70$"... its the same thing.
assuming it inflates at avg 2% per year... for something 500$ to go up to 800$... it will take an avg of 20 years.
jonthomas83 wrote:That's a good way to look at it mate and yeah I'm really pleased with it don't get me wrong.
I wrote a whole essay for this post but it's really not appropriate so I'll PM you with it instead mate! :)
hey, as long as you're pleased with the amount you are spending, nothing can do you wrong.
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

TSi wrote:who said we are ganging up on the auctions to rise the price? I said I'm gonna give him a run for my money, its because i WANT the item, so i WILL be bidding on it and if he happens to go ABOVE my bidding price, thats good for him.
not to raise the price, but to raise the price on all the auctions to push him out of it in the overall scope of all the auctions they are bidding.

it's been stated before, but ebay isn't the place of deals like it was before. now it's just another marketplace to find things that you are looking for. nothing different other than negotiated prices.
i dont see anything wrong with our methods in bidding for what we want. I mean, for one thing, i am SURE we're not doing the thing you've just suggested or thought.
Commander wrote:violent outbid this guys please
.... uh huh..
and 70$ for a couple of episode on 1 disc? I have that... I'm not saying im rich, or things are expensive (well, fine they are expensive)... but I personally pay for what I think its worth.
what i'm saying is brand new items, like an anime coming out on dvd, costs insane amounts in japan. a japanese bidder is used to this, and will bid accordingly to what they are used to.
TSi wrote:the thing is, I dont see why he's bidding on so much of the replicate, unless he's one of those asses who plan to sell them on ebay.com (watch him be "best_of_japan")

then there's a reason for him in bidding multiples and these rare items, he'll be making a fortune over on ebay.
so is violent an ass because he bought multiples of sealed and other items to list them at high prices on ebay? people will fund their hobby through their hobbies, it's not unheard of, and definitely not worth badmouthing people for.

as for best_of_japan, they offer many things on ebay (and based out of japan directly) there's nothing wrong with that.

as for anyone's intent i'm not indicating anything, however you end up sounding as such. you guys gotta relax and enjoy your hobby, otherwise it's too much work and then well..
violentsnake wrote:I can't put the guy down for buying multiple copies of the same item though...I'm pretty guilty of that myself. I bought my 4th and 5th copies of VR Missions sealed in a 12hr span (but did end up selling once since).
exactly.

i'm just trying to remind people of enjoyment.