Before I get slammed for my auctions on ebay...

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Before I get slammed for my auctions on ebay...

Post by violentpig »

Keep in mind, I have no intentions of selling the ridiculous price items.

I've been flamed for it in the past, and you can still feel free to yell at me (maybe keep it all in this thread heh), but honestly I post those items just to get website traffic. What does website traffic get me? Well, honestly some of my key aquisitions lately have been private sales from people that found me through my website. My Olive Drab Kubrick...Foxhound Watch...2nd sealed shareholder MGS3 and more are all the result of me posting my insane auctions.

For 15cents I can list an item at a fixed price for days so it's totally worth it.

So NO I don't think the items are worth the price, no I'm not trying to rip people off, no I'm not trying to gouge money out of people. I'm just an attention whore that has benefited from it :evil:
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Re: Before I get slammed for my auctions on ebay...

Post by TSi »

how bout you pay me and ill add traffic to your site =P.

oh yeah, i love this btw:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-METAL-GEAR-PREM ... t_1595wt_0

4000$ LMFAOOOO
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

O________________O I think my pocket had a heart attack.
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Heh, $4000 is the highest I can put something while making immediate payment required.

Now if you see a Metal Gear item with a $4000 price tag aren't you going to check out that item?

(surely to check out how insane the seller is)

But when I have items on ebay I get about 250-400 views in my flickR gallery a day (I have no idea how to check my website hits), when I don't have shit on ebay I get about 20. So I know I'm getting more traffic and alot more emails from people. Especially if they have something I don't have :mrgreen:

EDIT: But I do realise such a stunt leaves me open to the criticism I'll receive heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

my favorite is definately the vest, the pictures with the crude photoshopping is funny.. and especially a vest in the middle of near desert.
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:my favorite is definately the vest, the pictures with the crude photoshopping is funny.. and especially a vest in the middle of near desert.
LOL

those pix were given to me by niyachan after he sold me the vest, I suck balls with photoshop but I've got proof he's worse!

Edit: Gee, you guys thought johnny-raiden's prices were bad eh? heh

I guess the difference is my prices are meant to keep people from buying my stuff I guess. Someone did offer $500 last time I had the MGS2 up though. I was frantically searching for another to try and make a few bucks :evil:
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

violentsnake wrote: For 15cents I can list an item at a fixed price for days so it's totally worth it.
Is that all? isnt it like 10% or something?
ImageImage
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Listing is 15cents, but closing fee is 10%.

So if some recent lottery winner wants to literally throw their money away and pay $4000 for my shareholder package it'd cost me $400 in ebay fees!! Then paypal is probably another $125 or so.

What a business. A service that puts buyers and sellers together and all they really have to do is be there and they take a big cut. It's the greatest business on the planet.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

i think the ebay fees (especially these new ones) are absolutely ridiculous.

as for your pricing on your auctions, i think its absurd but i understand the reasoning. the only thing that comes off poor is you basically stating "i know what this is worth, don't insult or low ball me" in your posting.

i'd be wearing that vest in the fall and winter every chance i got. you better.
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Post by Screaming Mantis »

And he's not talking about the Konami one! Haha j/k!
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:i think the ebay fees (especially these new ones) are absolutely ridiculous.

as for your pricing on your auctions, i think its absurd but i understand the reasoning. the only thing that comes off poor is you basically stating "i know what this is worth, don't insult or low ball me" in your posting.

i'd be wearing that vest in the fall and winter every chance i got. you better.

The reason I add that is I get soooo many offers from people at a reasonable price if I don't, so I try to deter that. I figure if I come off as a dick people won't ask heh. Trust me, everything I do is well thought out :mrgreen:

I haven't worn the vest once, haven't even undone the zipper. I'm afraid if I see how good it looks (because I can tell the size is perfect) I'll wear it nonstop and end up wrecking it. I'm so anal about item condition (to the point it's almost unhealthy) I just can't do it.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

haha, http://loading.se/forum.php?thread_id=4 ... 12#1749325

first they this topless guy tells about your awesome collection he found. then the other post talks how you sell some things on ebay for insane prices. and finally i had to protect you xD. Anyway, fun to see other people talk about you
ImageImage
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

I can't understand a word they say.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

neither cna i
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

Thats why i tried to explain it ^^ But you should understand "liquidocelot" "ebay" and "4000"... whatever :P
ImageImage
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

gixo wrote:haha, http://loading.se/forum.php?thread_id=4 ... 12#1749325

first they this topless guy tells about your awesome collection he found. then the other post talks how you sell some things on ebay for insane prices. and finally i had to protect you xD. Anyway, fun to see other people talk about you
Heh, y'know what Gixo I'm not even going to click the link. I see enough people calling me an asshole as it is LOL. Honestly, I deserve it most of the time :evil: . Thanks for sticking up for me though heh.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
freechris01
Favorite Game: Metal Gear
Kojima games owned: Metal gear 1 2 3 4
Xbox Live: free chris now

Post by freechris01 »

Lmfao! Danm violentsnake! When I first saw your items up for sale on ebay I was like hold!!! Who the hell does this guy think is going to buy this! I was thinking to my self "this guy is f ing crazy and needs 2 get punched out of this lala world u think u live in "...I wanted to make a new account on ebay just to buy them all now and not pay u so that u can get all excited and then realize it was a fib and get really pissed... then I saw this post and couldn't stop laughing! Your plan is actually really smart. I remember a long time ago when I was a newb with metal gear seeing sumthing u were selling 4 a huge $ price and I had 2 see what was up. Now I'm a common viewer of your page and your flicker thing lol! A standing ovation 2 u bro!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

I am in your shoes now violentsnake, I just posted up for sale one of my Sealed NES Metal Gears for a high price. Do I think it's worth what I put? Yes. Will I probably get shit for it too? I'm sure. Hahaha

So you're not alone.

:lol:

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

freechris01 wrote:Lmfao! Danm violentsnake! When I first saw your items up for sale on ebay I was like hold!!! Who the hell does this guy think is going to buy this! I was thinking to my self "this guy is f ing crazy and needs 2 get punched out of this lala world u think u live in "...I wanted to make a new account on ebay just to buy them all now and not pay u so that u can get all excited and then realize it was a fib and get really pissed... then I saw this post and couldn't stop laughing! Your plan is actually really smart. I remember a long time ago when I was a newb with metal gear seeing sumthing u were selling 4 a huge $ price and I had 2 see what was up. Now I'm a common viewer of your page and your flicker thing lol! A standing ovation 2 u bro!!
Heh, I have "immediate payment required" so nobody can fuck with me :mrgreen:

What can I say, I already had someone msg me with a couple items I'm looking for they'd like to sell me, so the 90 cents in listing fees is getting alot of traffic.

I still can't believe though a couple people have taken my items seriously and want to go on payment plans to pay me off. There's no way anything is leaving though. Unless it's at a reasonable price, then I'm serious about selling it.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major

Post by TSi »

vs, if they have something u dont need, let us know =D =D