Yumi Kikuchi's signature does not belong with Hideo+Yoji

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Yumi Kikuchi's signature does not belong with Hideo+Yoji

Post by violentpig »

For some reason she was on the MGS4 world tour, and it's common to find her signature alot with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa. I just find it odd.

I mean, Hideo Kojima is the mind behind Metal Gear. Yoji Shinkawa is the face of Metal Gear Solid. Both men are equally important to the current success of Metal Gear Solid in my opinion. But a voice and motion capture actor? uhm...is there something wrong here? If she was re-cast would anyone have been complaining MGS4 wasn't up to par? I'd say the same thing if David Hayter's signature was there with them. It's just out of place it seems.

I mean, if I got something signed by Miyamoto I don't want whoever shouts "It's me, Mario!" or whatever to sign it too. And I don't care how many koopas he does the motion capture for.

Just my 2 cents. Yes, if I was at a signing I am enough of a prick that I wouldn't have let her sign my item.

One thing that got me thinking about this is I'm negotiating buying an item signed by all three. A Zavvi exclusive MGS4 signed sleeve. Only 15 were signed, and of those 15 only 5 were signed by Kojima/Shinkawa/Kikuchi (the other 10 just Kojima/Shinkawa). The seller is trying to use this as a selling point to me, whereas I seem to differ.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Re: Yumi Kikuchi's signature does not belong with Hideo+Yoji

Post by Screaming Mantis »

violentsnake wrote:For some reason she was on the MGS4 world tour, and it's common to find her signature alot with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa. I just find it odd.

I mean, Hideo Kojima is the mind behind Metal Gear. Yoji Shinkawa is the face of Metal Gear Solid. Both men are equally important to the current success of Metal Gear Solid in my opinion. But a voice and motion capture actor? uhm...is there something wrong here? If she was re-cast would anyone have been complaining MGS4 wasn't up to par? I'd say the same thing if David Hayter's signature was there with them. It's just out of place it seems.

I mean, if I got something signed by Miyamoto I don't want whoever shouts "It's me, Mario!" or whatever to sign it too. And I don't care how many koopas he does the motion capture for.

Just my 2 cents. Yes, if I was at a signing I am enough of a prick that I wouldn't have let her sign my item.

One thing that got me thinking about this is I'm negotiating buying an item signed by all three. A Zavvi exclusive MGS4 signed sleeve. Only 15 were signed, and of those 15 only 5 were signed by Kojima/Shinkawa/Kikuchi (the other 10 just Kojima/Shinkawa). The seller is trying to use this as a selling point to me, whereas I seem to differ.
Aww come on now. You can't hate on Hayter. You need three, and you said two......I'll explain:

Kojima: Mind
Shinkawa: Face
Hayter: Voice

Done.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Heh, I thought that. But I'm sure there are alot of voice over actors with raspy voices in the business.

I don't want you to think I dislike David Hayter. I loved x-men and x2 while I disliked x3 (Hayter wrote the screenplays fr the first 2, and I never even knew that until recently) and I'm looking forward to The Watchmen more than almost any other movie I've ever looked forward to, which he also wrote the screenplay for.

"Don't Hate the Hayter" should be on a t-shirt much like "Don't Hassle the Hoff" is.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

I've always found Hayter's voice and Christian Bale's voice very similar and comical when he act as Batman for his movies. And I LOVE Batman, evenmore now because of the Dark Knight.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:I've always found Hayter's voice and Christian Bale's voice very similar and comical when he act as Batman for his movies. And I LOVE Batman, evenmore now because of the Dark Knight.
Don't even get me started on the Dark Knight. I've never seen a film in the theater twice but this I caught 3 times. I may try to sneak another in. It was a masterpiece crime-drama/action flick with perfect casting and a brilliant ending. Greatest film ever.

If they fuck it up and add Robin my heads gonna explode. I do believe though Christian Bale has been quoted he won't play the role if Robin is in the film, and he may actually be so serious it's stipulated in his contract.

Don't be surprised if the Metal Gear movie is made if Christian Bale gets the lead role.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

Yeah you are right. I'm like "who the fuck is Yumi?". It's a model god dammit. It is as stupid as the e3 booth babes (tgs boot babes). It makes you feel ashamed of being a gamer.
Anyway, would you dare to say that she can't sign ;)
ImageImage
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

violentsnake wrote:
Screaming Mantis wrote:I've always found Hayter's voice and Christian Bale's voice very similar and comical when he act as Batman for his movies. And I LOVE Batman, evenmore now because of the Dark Knight.
Don't even get me started on the Dark Knight. I've never seen a film in the theater twice but this I caught 3 times. I may try to sneak another in. It was a masterpiece crime-drama/action flick with perfect casting and a brilliant ending. Greatest film ever.

If they fuck it up and add Robin my heads gonna explode. I do believe though Christian Bale has been quoted he won't play the role if Robin is in the film, and he may actually be so serious it's stipulated in his contract.

Don't be surprised if the Metal Gear movie is made if Christian Bale gets the lead role.
Dude, no shit! I've already seen it 5 times. And I've even seen the whole movie on a website (didn't watch it though, because it deserves to be in the theater). I don't think they are going to add Robin, they are thinking about The Penguin and The Riddler. Johnny Depp playing the latter role. I've just read this though.

TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

I actually kinda agree with vs, If I was personally at a signing event... I would ask that she don't sign my item.

well, think of it this way, I'd tag a couple people (friends) who arent interested in MGS at all, get them to have a signed item of all the "people" there, and I'll have my own where only the "MAIN" 2 men should be. (of course, id steal my friend's copies too, so i have both)

I'm actually even inclined to get Kojima alone to sign an item, where his signature basically covers the whole cover art of the game. THAT is stating a fact, BIG AND BOLD, he owns MGS.
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
Jack Stern
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
PSN: JackStern

Post by Jack Stern »

Besides the model-capture part of Raging Raven, she made the motion capture for Mei Ling in MGS4 and has been a regular host in the Hidechan Radio Podcasts since a long, long time ago (before the B&B announcement, IIRC). She also made the voice of "Call Now" in the re-adaptation of the Ides Spy 2.5/Tsu-Han Radio Drama (the one from Ghost Babel). A good performance, if you ask me.

The point is, Kikuchi has been along with the Kojipro group for quite some time to just threat her as a momentary phenomenon. Even if I think she doesn't have too much relevance during all the years since the boom of Metal Gear, I wouldn't mind having her signature in a MGS related item, actually.

In my opinion and using your references, I'd love this people could lend their signatures on my MGS4 Copy, since I think they sum quite easily their meaning in each part.

Kojima: Mind
Shinkawa: Face
Murata: Narration
Ôtsuka or Hayter: Voice
Gregson-Williams: Music
Kikuchi: Fashion
whitetrashshayno
Runner
Favorite Game: mgs..all of em, final fantasy 7
Kojima games owned: metal gear 1,2,snakes revenge
mgs 1,mgs vr missions,2substance,document of mgs2, mgs3,mgs3s,mgs4 collectors edition, portable ops, acid,portable ops+, digital graphic novel

Snatcher
PSN: wtshayno

Post by whitetrashshayno »

IF its signed in the us hayters name better be on it.

Honestly mgs wouldnt be nearly as cool without snakes voice.
Wanted list
Mgs 1 pal premium pack (unsealed but with all the stuff), first bite poster, mgs 3premium pack, mgs 2 premium pack , Mgs 3 subsistence us limted edition unsealed.

Any smashing pumpkins,beck, radiohead, arcade fire, spoon, beatles, or doors vinyls :)
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

whitetrashshayno wrote:IF its signed in the us hayters name better be on it.

Honestly mgs wouldnt be nearly as cool without snakes voice.
+1 to him with snake's voice, but i would want that on another copy of mgs4 =D
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

the more signatures the merrier honestly, i think i'd like to have all the major directors/leads of each section sign it. it's a bit ignorant to not recognize everyone who put their hard work into the product. i give props to all that work on the game.

prop prop prop.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

Some people are more deserving than others and by the looks of what's in this threat I'd say she doesn't deserve to sign.