Banner rotation for MGS collectors!

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
Lady Serpente

Banner rotation for MGS collectors!

Post by Lady Serpente »

This is something i was thinking to since a bit. What would you guys think about a banner exchange/rotation to connect all of us MGS collectors? The banner to join would be small sized anyway to fit every type of layout and to don't be too much 'annoying' (i was thinking to some standard button sizes as 88x31, 100x50, 100x35 or 75x50), it would go preferably somewhere in main page and I would take care of the script, you would just need to make your own banner and paste a code like this one: <script type="text/javascript" src="http://myupcomingsite.net/mgsrotation.js"></script> on your own page. The script would randomly choose among the listed banners & links. I'd write/link a full list of all the site members in my site of course.

Sooo what do you think? Crappy idea maybe =x? (as you may have guessed i'm working on my collection website zzz...)
I still need to test the script anyway, hopefully i'll manage to create something nice :roll:

ps. of course this is mostly for persons running a website for their own collection (or anyway a site connected to MGS merchandise), but if anyone might want to join even with a blog/livejournal post it would be fine as long as you provide the collection post and you can get up the banner rotation code ;) plus also note to upload the banner/button on some host allowing hot-linking (even free ones as imageshack or photobucket)

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Re: Banner rotation for MGS collectors!

Post by bay »

im sure there are webring sites or something you could use to make it so theres no work needed on your end at all.

i've not bothered to look in years, but searching for webring might yield some results.
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

Nice idea Lady!

I will of course oblige! :)

I'll get to work on a banner asap, I'm guessing we all need to agree on a fixed size? I have no preference, but I would like someone to decide for me! lol.

Good luck with your site, can't wait to see the finished result! Looks like we got a few websites up and coming now! It's gonna be awesome! :)

Cheers and let me know when you need it and dimensions etc!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

I like the idea too, I was thinking since most of us has a standard size of... 468 by 60, I think we can start by finding a ratio?

or unless you suggest that this banner link would be smaller just so that it would go at the corner of the site (or even bottom).
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

We still doing this Lady? It's a cracking idea and now that we've all (pretty much...well the ones that want to) got sites, now's the perfect opportunity. Is there anything I can do to help?
illusion
Runner
Favorite Game: metal gear promo ))))
PSN: illusionmgs

Post by illusion »

perfect idea. so I just did not meet to rewrite all my mgs item :)
current ebay feedback is . . . 140Image
youtube illusionmgs (ninja extreme video)
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

illusion wrote:perfect idea. so I just did not meet to rewrite all my mgs item :)
???

what does having a banner rotation have to do with you rewriting all your mgs items on a site?
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
jonthomas83
Major

Post by jonthomas83 »

TSi wrote:
illusion wrote:perfect idea. so I just did not meet to rewrite all my mgs item :)
???

what does having a banner rotation have to do with you rewriting all your mgs items on a site?
A lot of things are getting lost in translation, ilusion, it might be easier if you could use a translation tool, like http://www.google.com/language_tools.

I'm not being harsh but sometimes it's difficult for us to understand what you're trying to say, this may be of help to us and yourself :)
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

it might just be better if we had a way to translate ukrainian, or if he also speaks russian, etc.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

bay wrote:it might just be better if we had a way to translate ukrainian, or if he also speaks russian, etc.
LOL, I have what I think is an awesome joke right now, but I'm going to be a bit more oink mature and hold back on this one....heh...
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!