Yamato figure questions. Packaging and figure color.

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Yamato figure questions. Packaging and figure color.

Post by violentpig »

Did these MGS2 Series 2 Substance figures ever come in the same bilster packaging as the below MGS2 Series 1 Sons of Liberty?

Yes, I will take better photos one day.

Next - why do these figures also come in silver/bronze/black/whatever. Are these rare variants that come in blind boxes?

Image Image
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Re: Yamato figure questions. Packaging and figure color.

Post by Screaming Mantis »

Just watch out, because those blind boxes house a lot of fakes. I have a whole set myself that are fake, but I have the real ones sealed in the blister packs as well.
Looking for Sealed MGS2 Shareholder Edition

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

oh yeah, here's a silver

How can you tell they're fake? General quality? My Pliskin I believe came blister card and that's from Substance. I bought it in person in a store in Hong Kong. It was the only figure on card though and I don't believe I've seen the others (from Substance).
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

I've noticed beside quality, the fakes "camo" is a lot different. And snakes sneaking suit will almost be a blue/green. Those are how to spot the fakes.

Check out my Metal Gear Solid 4 Mk. II Build-Up at http://www.forums.junkerhq.net/viewtopi ... =15&t=2168
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:I've noticed beside quality, the fakes "camo" is a lot different. And snakes sneaking suit will almost be a blue/green. Those are how to spot the fakes.
I kinda noticed that too in pictures. The green in the camo looks like it has too much yellow in it.

Do you have a fake Pliskin? if so you should post a good pic of it and I can post a pic of mine and we can all compare.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Screaming Mantis
Second Lieutenant

Nahh, sorry man. I don't. Have you tried looking it up online?

violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

Screaming Mantis wrote:Nahh, sorry man. I don't. Have you tried looking it up online?
Hard to find solid info on it. If I had the money I'd buy what I thought was a bootleg set (from mainland China) and real set (from yahoo japan) and compare em. It would make for an awesome feature.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

I too would like to SoL and Substance sets on card. I just don't trust the boxes. If anyone knows if the substance figures appeared on card I'd be grateful if you could let us know. Cheers.
Lady Serpente

Post by Lady Serpente »

I'm really not sure about the second set on cards. But. I know something about the unpainted and silver variants for the first set of figures. The unpainted is a variant included in retailers' boxes, each of them got 15 blind boxed-figures, and since the full first set is of 7+1 secret (masked Raiden), the full box gives 7+1 figures of a set and 7 of the other one, example 7+1 colored and 7 unpainted or vice-versa (so basically it's necessary to look for one more figure to get the full 7+1 sets).

About the silver variant figures, i don't remember very well but i got mine from solidsnake1mgs (his Ebay ID - I'm sure some of you remember about him, he was some British old-time MGS collector which sold away his collection time ago, as side note if i don't remember wrong his old site is still accessible on the free domain host - he had many infos about MGS cards and a famous MGS fan-artwork in main page), I just know it's some limited and early edition but I can't recall more... though probably solidsnake1mgs on Ebay might remember some more details about them :P

Ah and so far (since 3-4 years or so) I've seen the bronze figures only by one or two sellers on Ebay - never running out of them :yuck:

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

As far as I know, the bronze are fakes; but I could be wrong.

The silver were released at the same time than the original ones, in boxes. The blisters for the first set came later, a few years later i believe but they are legit as well. I believe I have a sealed set of silver ones, but I might need to check. I do have a full set of the original colored ones bought around release date.

I don't know if there was a blister for the second set though, I always bought only the "first run".
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Lady Serpente

Post by Lady Serpente »

Artemio wrote:As far as I know, the bronze are fakes; but I could be wrong.
I believe the same =x btw I took some fast pictures to retailers box *uploads* that box got 7+1 colored and 7 unpainted as I mentioned already.
Attachments
DSCN2822.JPG
DSCN2824.JPG

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Here are mine for reference as well:

http://junkerhq.net/MetalGear/kfigssubsimages.html
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
violentpig
Colonel

Post by violentpig »

niyachan BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That's right, I'm jealous.

:P
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!