Is this an official Konami item?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Re: Is this an official Konami item?

Post by violentpig »

Hmmmm, this is interesting...I mean, how many bootlegs would put their phone number on the back...?

I'm leaning towards not buying it however, or at least, only buying it cheap. I got some other private sales on the go all over the place anyways. On the plus I know I could always sell it and get my money back. The fact niyachan told me he doesn't know what it is baffles me. I'll wait and see how it goes.

I may score these though if I pass on the watch. And yes mattbellamy, you will get your money at the end of the month heh.

Image Image

Both from the Paris signing. I'm making the guy wait a long time for my offer. When I make a deal with someone outside of ebay it usually takes me about 3 days to reply to any email if I don't know the person. Trust me it always helps get you a better price as they'd usually rather take your offer then take another week to get 2 more emails trying to squeeze more money out of me. That's my tip for the day :wink:

TSi please brush up on your German and call that number for me and see if they ever sold MG watches to Konami Europe. Thanks a ton man I appreciate it.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

damn i want that MGS2 signed =P (esp after i lost that MGS2 substance to u)

and for the watch, wow, once u turned to the back, it looks very very cheesy. with a phone number on it?

i swear, a professional watch company will never put their number on their watches. (but of course, tats what i think, maybe i havent seen enough companies do this)
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

TSi wrote:damn i want that MGS2 signed =P (esp after i lost that MGS2 substance to u)

and for the watch, wow, once u turned to the back, it looks very very cheesy. with a phone number on it?

i swear, a professional watch company will never put their number on their watches. (but of course, tats what i think, maybe i havent seen enough companies do this)
The seller seems quite adamant it's real...so I donno. I'm gonna submit a low enough offer if I win it, I can recoup my funds if not happy with it. About the signed games, I don't have any in gold pen so hopefully things work out. I got a couple other items on the go but but we're quite a ways away on price.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

i dunno what this whole fake thing is about, but i've not heard prior that it is a fake item at all.

it's common for companies that have several offices around the world to "officially" license merchandise from their own region. hence, i would say that this watch was contracted to be made by konami europe, yada yada.