The Hideo Kojima Signing @ Webhallen/Sweden

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

The Hideo Kojima Signing @ Webhallen/Sweden

Post by gixo »

The Swedish store Webhallen (http://www.webhallen.com/list_group.php ... group=1199) hosted an event where Hideo Kojima was going to meet his fans. He was actually at a bussines trip, but decided that the Swedish fans was worth 2 hours of his time.
This is my story.
The night before the event me and a internet-buddy at loading.se talked about when we were going to show up. We arranged to meet up at the Central Station in Stockholm 8AM. Thats 4hours and 30 minutes before the signing would start.
We went into 7-Eleven and bought a coffe and a sandwich to eat in the line. When we arrived some people had been in there since 3 in the morning. But i got number 33 in the line (we were told that 150 was the max limit).

As you can see from the pictures there was snow everywhere. No polarbears though. This is when we are making a real line, before that we were at the list only, so we could walk around and talk.

Straight line

The blue sign is the entry to the store. That BB cosplay was really nice.

I left the line even though we werent allowed to. I had to sneak in to peak at the setup. Just look at those standees. I heard some of the people in the line grabbed some and took home after the event

Now he is here. Need to take a clear picture!

OMFGOMGGO! ='D Walking up to him was like a dream. I couldnt think right.

Flash ^^

Konami was there and filmed this guy sneaking in a box

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_me923Wt7o
A movie the store (webhallen) made. They actually interviewed me, but cut it out xD

The result?
Best day of my life.

Pictures i didnt take:
Thats me. In the same picture as Kojima! Thats my box! Thanks to Crying_Scum @ loading.se for the picture
(Sevket thinks my backpack is gay^^)

Happy Kojima is Happy

He waited over 4 hours in the cold in this costume. I had winterjacket and gloves, and i was freezing my ass off

One of the best cosplay

untill we saw this

FOXOHOUNDU?! he actually showed this to Kojima, and they filmed it =D

Kojima Approves!

Genome Soldier(?), Snake in Tuxedo, Meryl, Sniper Wolf, Raiden.
BigBoss x 2
ImageImage
Lady Serpente

Re: The Hideo Kojima Signing @ Webhallen/Sweden

Post by Lady Serpente »

=o ehh... uh?! what the heck 11 days and no replies.
What i can say... WOW! congrats for the awesome experience you had the chance to do, gixo! :D too bad your hands were shaking a bit :P but really nice pics and MGS fans over there xD
That BB cosplayer looks really nice, zomg i cant believe he dressed like that even while waiting outside >.<
LoL at the guy sneaking inside a box... which seems a bit small o.o *still has to watch video*

Oh, and gixo, you look like exactly how i imagined you :P (at least from behind/head)

Not active on a regular basis, i just randomly take a look to collectors forums.
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Post by jonthomas83 »

Absolutely awesome! Congrats mate! :)

Wish I could nab one of those standees! Augh!
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Post by gixo »

Lady Serpente wrote:=o ehh... uh?! what the heck 11 days and no replies.
What i can say... WOW! congrats for the awesome experience you had the chance to do, gixo! :D too bad your hands were shaking a bit :P but really nice pics and MGS fans over there xD
That BB cosplayer looks really nice, zomg i cant believe he dressed like that even while waiting outside >.<
LoL at the guy sneaking inside a box... which seems a bit small o.o *still has to watch video*

Oh, and gixo, you look like exactly how i imagined you :P (at least from behind/head)
Yes, it was awesome =D Actually he managed to sneak pretty good in the box.

Funny i look how you imagined ^^
robertwarnes91 wrote:Wow! I thought only the Japan produced such hardcore fans.

Now Gixo why didn't you dress up?
I guess sweden got plenty gamers =)
ImageImage