MGS Trading Cards

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

MGS Trading Cards

Post by Jonathan Ingram »

Hey.

As you all probably know I'm in the middle of selling my collection. I've just opened the folders with the MGS Trading Cards though and pretty much fallen back in love with them.

So, I think the best thing to do is to list here what cards we need and get some trading going on.

I need the following cards:

Turtle - 71
Pig - 1, 3, 12, 16, 21, 27, 28, 33, 34, 35, 46, 49, 50, 54, 57, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 72.
Grizzly - 20, 27, 29
Fox - 41
Jackal - 46, 52, 54
Falcon - 46

I have some cards to trade, as well as a shitload of MGS items that I could offer.

Also, if anyone would like a full set of Chicken cards, just PayPal me USD 2,500 and they're yours.

Just kidding.

Or am I?
"But nothing is permanent... only change"
jonthomas83
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition with Snake figure
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops & Portable Ops+
PSN: jonthomas83

Re: MGS Trading Cards

Post by jonthomas83 »

Good luck with that mate, it'd be awesome to see someone get a full collection of those things just to witness it.

I'll keep a look out for you but I doubt I'll have any better luck than you with these things!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I am missing a couple fomr the basic set, and I don't intend to go further than that.

They are: 75, 91 and 95

I am almost certain I aquired one of those, but I am not sure which. I'll check tonight at home.

I'd be interested in buying.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
snatchernaut
Runner
Favorite Game: snatcher

Post by snatchernaut »

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SEALED-METAL-GEAR ... .m63.l1177

maybe be some help but depends if you got that kind of money.
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Hmmm intriguing. I'd consider some kind of swap for the sealed box. It's been a while since I opened any packs of these bad boys. Wonder if violentsnake is listening in on these codec calls?
snatchernaut
Runner
Favorite Game: snatcher

Post by snatchernaut »

if i was selling the box myself i would consider a swap, but unfortunatly im not sorry.
madmatt
Favorite Game: MGS

Post by madmatt »

Heeeeeeeeeeey James!
Check your PMs man, please !!
glad to see you again by the way^^
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

I've been meaning to expand my card collection too. But lately I have been losing in the auctions off e-bay... But I've acquired three rare ones. It has not been delivered. But I'm quite excited about it.

Oh, and I got one of those sealed boxes like VS have... We bought from the same seller who happened to own 18 of them (well, claimed he had 18 of them)! But all were sold already...

So far, I only have 137 cards under my belt (not counting the cards in the sealed box)... I really want to make it much bigger.

Though I haven't seen Jonathan Ingram's card collection (I hope to see it too), I'm pretty sure that that's my ideal goal to achieve as with regard to these cards. There's something about them that really catch my fancy that if I can get them (hopefully cheap), I will definitely buy them. But lately, as I said, I've lost in most biddings.
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
Jonathan Ingram
Second Lieutenant

Also, I need the following from the Hippo set, though I'm less interested in them to be honest:

Hippo - 3, 10, 11, 14, 19-26, 29-33, 35-41, 43, 45-48, 49, 50, 55, 56, 60, 63-68, 70-76, 78-84, 86, 88-95, 97, 99.

Here's a picture of the rarer cards, I also have full basic and Chicken sets, and one card away from a full Turtle set. Come on people, open those sealed boxes!
Attachments
11112008377.jpg
lance
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by lance »

Oh my God! That's the kind of MGS trading card collection I want! PLease help me guys!
I gave into my fear! I gave into my pain! I sold your life to save my own. I'm a loser. I'm not the hero you thought I was! I'm nothing!
bay
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: metal gear solid 4
Kojima games owned: metal gear NES
metal gear solid 1-4
PSN: baysan

Post by bay »

i envy those trading card sets. takes alot of time and dedication, especially as the cards get less and less frequent to find them in any form.

i'd be curious to see how many people have full sets.
FeelingOaky

Post by FeelingOaky »

Oh, hey guys!
I was looking for people who knew those cards and it seems like my quest finally came to an end ;D

I have got 23 sealed packs and one opened one and was thinking about selling them.
Although I am not sure what would be more clever: open the packs myself and sell the cards separately or leave them sealed and sell them as a whole.
Also I am not sure where I should sell them and for how much... (Is ebay really the best place to do so?)

It's not very helpful that I haven't really been into this kind of trading cards ever, haha...

But I hope that you could help me!
Greeting~
Oaky
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

There is indeed a small community collecting these things. My most sincere advise would be to check ebay regularly and see how much they are worth. And then fix a price and offer them around here or at ebay... or maybe set a low point and do an open auction on a single pack, and see how that goes by market.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Thleeal
Favorite Game: Metal gear solid
Kojima games owned: all to date

Post by Thleeal »

Hi Guys and gyals,

I have a compete set wooo, Its completely irregular ranging from probably only 3 dozen regulars to, a decoy octopus red with gold logo, a jim houseman codec, irregularly cut, holed and with gold logo and in-between there are mostley silver and bronze logos and or holed.

Any idea on the value of these cards, As a complete set?

Kind regards,

Thleeal
RandomHajile

Post by RandomHajile »

Does anyone have any of the special cards for this trading card set? I mean the super rares.

Just out of curiosity.
sasuge
Favorite Game: World of Tanks

Post by sasuge »

Dude! Why are u selling these treasure? :cry: :cry: :cry: