sealed product?

Here you can talk about Kojima game Collecting in general. Tips, prices, advice and collection posting.
Juho

sealed product?

Post by Juho »

Hi,

I'm an Mgs collector from Finland and last summer I bought this japanese MGS1 (cost just 10e). It appears to be sealed, but the plastic wrapping seems oddly loose around corners, and all in all doesn't look like the wrappings around new-bought games nowadays. My question is, can anyone authenticate whether this game is still in original factory seals, or if it's just been re-wrapped in some akiba sweatshop.

I will gladly post more pics if necessary. Thanks for anyone who can help, I greatly appreciate your expertise.
Last edited by Juho on Sun May 07, 2017 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kerm
Favorite Game: Besides the games Kojima make, The Elder Scrolls
Kojima games owned: Snatcher CD-ROMantic
Policenauts PS1
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Special Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots
Metal Gear Ac!d
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphical Novel
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Zone of The Enders
Zone of The Enders The 2:nd Runner
PSN: faderkaka

Re: Authenticating MGS1 JPN - sealed or re-sealed?

Post by Kerm »

Looks resealed to me. I had my brother buy Snatcher(PC-Engine) and Policenauts(PS1) for me while in japan and he bought them at Super Potato(They sell used games and systems). My games was sealed and the seal looks like the one in your picture. Do note I have only seen the two games I got and I know that they are resealed. Never seen an unsealed game from japan.
*Reserved space for signature*
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

I will say this, many games that I bought while in Japan in 2009 were new and not shrink wrapped at all including some GBA and ps1 games. That's not to say that some companies did not.
Juho

Post by Juho »

Thanks for your answers.

Hmm... It seems like I won't be tearing away that wrapping (at least not just yet) if there is a slightest possibility of it being the actual factory seal. What *could* suggest that the copy is still unopened is that the spinecard in is mint condition, no wear and tear at all. Would it be in such top-notch shape if the package would've been opened at some point? Dunno. Also I can hear some rustling from inside the case when I shake it, which I assume to be stickers (didn't the japanese version come with stickers?)

Anyway, I'll let that game just rest at my shelf without opening it.