View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Unethical eBay seller?? (Replica MGS Cards) 

Post Unethical eBay seller?? (Replica MGS Cards)
Hey guys,

I'd like to solicit your opinion, if you would be so kind.

This is regarding the Metal Gear Solid trading cards. I didn't want to renew the old trading card post with a topic that is really, ultimately, about fraud/counterfeiting (or perhaps something lesser on that spectrum).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/METAL-GEAR-SOLI ... 2474995947

This seller, braynabbi2014, is creating 'custom' "Big Boss" 1 of 1 cards. As some of you may know, the "Big Boss" cards are the rarest cards in the MGS official card collection, there being only 1 of each. These cards he has been listing, to restate, are not authentic cards. And once they pass into circulation, people may have a hard time knowing, without reference, that these are not legitimate.

I've seen people pay hundreds of dollars for this guy's reproductions (one guy wanted a refund after paying $400 for Sniper Wolf, which this guy apparently grudgingly accepted). He only explains they are reproductions at the bottom of the auction, not in the title or anywhere 'obvious.' I've reported this seller multiple times, but eBay refuses to take action. He has the Konami logo and everything on them. I really can't understand how he has been able to do this with 5 different "Big Boss cards" already (Sniper Wolf, Psycho Mantis, for example).

He is doing this with baseball cards, as well, charging premium rates for cards he explains are reproductions only at the bottom.

Do you guys think this, while very grey, should be tolerated? Does it fall under the category of "custom art?" Or would you argue that this guy is doing something against eBay policy / against the law?

Please pardon me if you think it should have gone in the card thread, and thank you for taking the time to read.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:12 am

Post Re: Unethical eBay seller?? (Replica MGS Cards)
Absolute scum. These types are all over eBay and ruin just about every form of collecting.

Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]