MGS4 port to 360

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
cacetete

Re: MGS4 port to 360

Post by cacetete »

Commander_AK-47 wrote:
Dick Motorman wrote: the real question is why are you being a prick about it? If it's happened to him, if he sees it and it bothers him he has the right to talk about it, regardless of whether or not you see it or it's happened to you. There's absolutely no need to be so rude about it.

I wasn't being rude. I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was merely correcting him. If it happens to only one person then, chances are, its the system or at most that persons particular copy of the game. I don't want him to go around blaming the wrong thing for his problems because that is how rumors start and rumors can cause many problems in the long run.
A lot of people noticed it, except the magazines who kept giving it 10 in all reviews. Search for mgs4 slowdwons in google and see. It does not slows the game very much, its rare, the game continues very playable, most people wont even notice, but its there. But then again the same magazines gave 10 to the glitchy and awful gta4.
JimboKudo
Major

Re: MGS4 port to 360

Post by JimboKudo »

cacetete wrote:
Commander_AK-47 wrote:
Dick Motorman wrote: the real question is why are you being a prick about it? If it's happened to him, if he sees it and it bothers him he has the right to talk about it, regardless of whether or not you see it or it's happened to you. There's absolutely no need to be so rude about it.

I wasn't being rude. I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was merely correcting him. If it happens to only one person then, chances are, its the system or at most that persons particular copy of the game. I don't want him to go around blaming the wrong thing for his problems because that is how rumors start and rumors can cause many problems in the long run.
A lot of people noticed it, except the magazines who kept giving it 10 in all reviews. Search for mgs4 slowdwons in google and see. It does not slows the game very much, its rare, the game continues very playable, most people wont even notice, but its there. But then again the same magazines gave 10 to the glitchy and awful gta4.
The reason that some of you guys are experiencing slowdown that is easily noticable, and some of you aren't noticing it much, is probably because of your TVs. I use a tv that's about 3 years old (it's not an HD), and it has major problems with any new graphics. It's because of the TV not being able to handle that type of graphics well. I'm sure you all know about refresh rates for tvs and about how this all works, so this probably isn't news to you guys, but I've never gotten to use an HDTV. I'm not sure whether or not they can have the same problems. So, at least for me, I get a lot of laggy graphics because of my crappy tv.