Metal Gear Solid: Project Fox - New Concept Art

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Metal Gear Solid: Project Fox - New Concept Art

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

Here are some really early sketches I made myself.

Junker Gear Snatcher
Favorite Game: (Ask me sometime, PMs welcome)
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid series (all of them)
-MGS1
-MGS2
-MGS3
-MGS4
-MGS: Portable Ops
-MGS: Portable Ops +
-MGS: Digital Graphic Novel
Snatcher
(Policenauts someday, thanks to you dedicated folks.)

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Project Fox - New Concept Art

Post by Junker Gear Snatcher »

Not to burst your bubble or anything, but the Revolt Soldier looks WAAAY too much like the NBC guards of the Nuclear Disposal Facility on Shadow Moses.

I don't know where your project is set time or location-wise. But unless it's before Shadow Moses, and these guys show up near the end with foreshadowing the Next Generation Special Forces aka the Genome Army, it's be wise to keep away from 'copying an idea.'

I'm not accusing you or nothin', so don't get the wrong idea. Take this as the opinion of a writer with just as much appreciation if not more for this legendary series.

This series parallels itself countless times, and until Metal Gear Solid 3 came out, the similarities were STARTING to get ridiculous.

Since this is a separate Fan-movie project, and NOT a fan-movie of the events of the game, "tie-ins" should be your main goal. It's also wise to avoid blatantly revealing plot elements concerning the game, keeping in mind the 'world's view' and not the 'gamer's view.'

I heard that SOP might be in your movie. If so, remember that it's based on the first generation of Nanomachines, the ones in the Darpa Chief and Snake during the incident on Shadow Moses, and NOT the second generation (the ones injected into Raiden, so the nanomachines don't have any 'computer properties' such as 'hacking into nodes' and that sort of thing) Also, SOP is called Sons of the <B>Patriots</B>, but evenso the general population do not know of the existence of the <B>Patriots</B>, so the name does not reference them. More likely the cover story fed to the general population is something to do with a Patriotic nature. And the motto is a 'cleaner, safer battlefield.' So you'll have to avoid anything "Messy" Can't have a new system and also have a nuclear explosion. Get my drift?

Don't let me derail you though, that's not my intent. Just if you want to stand out in your production, handle it like nitroglycerin.
----------------------------------
Listening to my own "Policenaudio."
Author with one finished book,
six others on the go.
Generally friendly.
Good looking too.

And yet I still find time to be a Junker.
Commander_AK-47
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops +
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Acid 2
PSN: Commander_AK-47

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Project Fox - New Concept Art

Post by Commander_AK-47 »

Well this is extremely early and those are just some first thoughts.

I know all that, not only am I a die hard MGS fan but I did my homework, don't worry.

About the timeline, its in the year 2011. Here look at this page and it will tell you everything.

http://subsistancefilms.wetpaint.com/page/History