Kojima just can't say 'no' to Metal Gear Solid

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Ghost
Favorite Game: Difficult, I have so many
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (MSX2)
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX2 original :D)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid (Gameboy Color, that's Ghost Babel;) )
Metal Gear Acid

Boktai (European)
Boktai (Japanese)
Boktai 2 (European)
Boktai 2 (USA)
Boktai 2 (Japanese)
Boktai 3
Lunar Knights

Hopefully soon Snatcher Mega CD

Kojima just can't say 'no' to Metal Gear Solid

Post by Ghost »

I got this from a Dutch gaming site, I have translated it through babblefish but I warn in advance that the translation isn't 100 percent.

http://nl.babelfish.yahoo.com/translate ... l=Vertalen
gixo
Second Lieutenant
Kojima games owned: soon...
PSN: gixo

Re: Kojima just can't say 'no' to Metal Gear Solid

Post by gixo »

If he does this i will hate him.
ImageImage
Dick Motorman
Second Lieutenant
PSN: DMotorman

Post by Dick Motorman »

oh, I was thinking he had a change of heart and said "no" to no one ever making anything metal gear related... unfortunately thats not the case.
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

woo!! it wouldnt matter, it'll just make the MGS collection more $$$
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site
Sevket
Runner
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 4
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-U)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions DEMO (NTSC-J)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty Platinum (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PAL)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (NTSC)(BOOTLEG)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PAL)(SEALED)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Collector's Edition (NTSC-U)
Metal Gear Solid: Bandee Desinee DVD
PSN: Sevket
Xbox Live: SevketErhat

Post by Sevket »

I really think that it is time for a change in Metal Gear series. Take a look at my other favourite videogame series Resident Evil, everything has changed with Resident Evil 4 and they are going to make Resident Evil 5 "Gears of War-wise" from the looks of it. And it is not a bad thing at all if you ask me.

I really don't want another Metal Gear game with same things (triple crossers, cyborg ninjas etc) as it really has been done to death. Kojima should step aside and allow new generation to take his place.
If you want to sell your MGS Promo Discs or Demos please contact me

My Metal Gear Collection
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii24 ... ?start=all
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Yep. I don't think Kojima himself realises that though, he seems to have this image of his fans wanting him to make them until the end of time, which isn't the case at all. It's fine to continue the series, but for feck's sake, change the director, Kojima can just be producer for the next title. I want to see him create something new, who knows, it could be another profitable franchise for himself if it's a great concept.
Ninjax008
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: ninjax008

Post by Ninjax008 »

Sevket wrote:I really think that it is time for a change in Metal Gear series. Take a look at my other favourite videogame series Resident Evil, everything has changed with Resident Evil 4 and they are going to make Resident Evil 5 "Gears of War-wise" from the looks of it. And it is not a bad thing at all if you ask me.
I agree, it needs to be a totaly fresh approach, absolutely no connections to previous games, THAT would make it intresting 8)
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

Henry Spencer wrote:Yep. I don't think Kojima himself realises that though, he seems to have this image of his fans wanting him to make them until the end of time, which isn't the case at all. It's fine to continue the series, but for feck's sake, change the director, Kojima can just be producer for the next title. I want to see him create something new, who knows, it could be another profitable franchise for himself if it's a great concept.
Plus that ALL games are copies of a previus game in the series.
ImageImage
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

I think that each of the MGS games are different enough. Resident Evil's older games were too archaic to keep that style throughout all the games. It's an example of a frustrating control system, that survived a few years, ONLY because the game was one of the first good survival horror games. The Metal Gear games (aside from the first one) have aged really well. I still think that the first MGS game was the best of the series. Go back and play the original Resident Evil, and all that you'll find is nastalgia and terrible gameplay. I'm a fan of the Resident Evil series, but I don't think that the MG and RE series have a whole lot in common as far as aging problems.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Yeah, RE and MGS isn't really a good comparison. REmake helped stomp out the problems with the first RE title.
gixo wrote:Plus that ALL games are copies of a previus game in the series.
That's right, just updated software to run it on. Many people think that MGS1 is basically a remake of MG2, but in all honesty, all of the MGS titles are remakes of the older MG titles on the MSX systems. There's enough glossing over with the fancy cinematics, updated gameplay and great graphics to help hide that fact however. It's essentially a sort of evolution for the series. I know I sound like I'm digging into Metal Gear, but despite it being one of my favourite series, I can't help but notice its flaws, like any cynical fan would. I keep playing because of the storyline and characters, not really the gameplay, which is just something I have always seen as a bonus (because regardless that it is treading an old path with just some tweaking here and there, it's still very good).
gixo
Second Lieutenant

Post by gixo »

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3170146

1UP: So the next game...is the Kojima Productions slate really clean? MGS4 is done, so is there nothing else in development? Because that's what it sounds like. What happens next?

HK: I would like to just make a new game, and the younger staff can work on the new MGS projects. For MGS5, it's very difficult to explain right now because we haven't announced anything. I have really high expectations of my young staff, though. I hope they have learned from their mistakes and that they won't repeat them this time around. But believe me, I also made mistakes on the decision side of things, and I don't want to make those mistakes again, either. I will step in with more courage if I see the staff going down the wrong path again.

I have three concepts for MGS5 already. What would be ideal for me with MGS5, though, is that we don't do those. If the team picks one of those concepts, I have to get involved again, which I don't want to do.

There are already so many good ideas from the staff, so if we select one of those, that would be really good. At that point I could really rely on them and take the step back to be the producer, which is the ideal situation, I think.

---

More to come...
ImageImage
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Stop it Kojima!! I have a feeling that this is gonna turn out like the Final Fantasy series. It just goes on and on and on and on....
He just needs to move on to a whole new idea. I would rather have him go back to penguin adventure than do yet another mgs game. Eating a piece of birthday cake is a good thing, but eating a whole cake is disgusting.
TSi
Major
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid Series
PSN: TSi

Post by TSi »

JimboKudo wrote:Stop it Kojima!! I have a feeling that this is gonna turn out like the Final Fantasy series. It just goes on and on and on and on....
He just needs to move on to a whole new idea. I would rather have him go back to penguin adventure than do yet another mgs game. Eating a piece of birthday cake is a good thing, but eating a whole cake is disgusting.
WHAT! eating a whole cake is good!!!!!! (dpends on size)
He needs to go onto ZOE3
Current Ebay Feedback = 21
If you have time, click the banner!
If it doesn't work, please check the backup mirror site