What was your first MG Game?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.

What was your first MG game and when did you play it?

Metal Gear
9%
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake
No votes
Metal Gear Solid
57%
MGS2 Sons of Liberty
24%
MGS3 Snake Eater
No votes
MGS4 Guns of the <B>Patriots</B>
2%
other.
9%

Total votes: 46

Zero Shift
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
PSN: GFX1989

Re: What was your first MG Game?

Post by Zero Shift »

The First Metal Gear I played was MGS for the PSX. Before knowing what it was I saw some videos of it on tv and after some time I found out what it was and since then it probably became my favourite game of all time.
nemesiswontdie
Favorite Game: Snatcher,MGS1,RE3
Kojima games owned: MG,MG2,MGS1,MGS2,MGS3,MGS3 Subsistence, MGS4
PSN: nemesiswontdie

Post by nemesiswontdie »

the first MG game i played was MGS1 on the PS1. i had a demo of it that was on playstation underground it only had the dock and the heliport. i would play it 100 times a day. one day my mom went out after work and bought me MGS1 and played it everyday then i got VR Missions. i still have my first copys of the game but i dont play them.
Project_Noah
Favorite Game: Snatcher <3
Kojima games owned: -Metal Gear (NES)
-Metal Gear Solid
-Metal Gear Solid (GH)
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
-Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
-Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
-Metal Gear Solid 4: The Guns of the Patriots
-The Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
-Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops PLUS
-Snatcher (Sega-CD)
-Policenauts (PS)

Post by Project_Noah »

Metal Gear for the NES waay back in '92, I think. I remember being insanely amused by PUNCHING EVERY DOG IN THE FACE, at the tender age of 6! I had a little trouble with my speech at that time too. Maybe I was just being influenced by the games terrible engrish?

UH-OH THE TRUCK HAVE STARTED TO MOVE!
Charlie Johnson
Second Lieutenant

Post by Charlie Johnson »

My first Metal Gear game was Metal Gear Solid: Integral for PC in 2001, after a friend recommended it to me.

Back then I thought it was a great game, hampered by a horrible german dub.
jamesat
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear 1 (NES/MSX2)
Metal Gear Solid Snake (MSX2)
Metal Gear Solid 1,3 & 4
Metal Gear Portable Ops
Snatcher (Mega CD/PC Engine/Saturn)
Policenauts (Playstation)

Post by jamesat »

First one I played was the original NES version. Loved it and played it constantly till I completed it. Always remember it as my first exposure the the wonders of Kojima's story telling.

Wasnt untill I got my hands on the REAL original for the MSX that I realise how screwed up Ultra had made it lol
"Whatever it is it MY WILL!" Random Hajile - Snatcher
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

The first one I played was "Metal Gear: Ghost Babel" and was the only MG game I ever played :lol:
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
kankokujin
Favorite Game: Xenogears
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Policenauts
Snatcher
Zone of the Enders 1-2(Is that Kojima?)

Post by kankokujin »

Oh boy this brings back memories. Metal Gear Solid for the PSX and Resident Evil were the games that made me into the gamer that I am today. I can't believe the first MGS came out when I was still in middle school. Even before I played it, I remember seeing something about it on a game magazine (I don't remember which one). I was thinking, "Hey, this sounds familiar." then I remembered seeing a Skip Rogers (anyone remember that guy?) video about the NES version back when I was real little. Anyway, not too long after it came out, I saw my friend play the part against Sniper Wolf and the cut scene afterward blew me away. I knew I had to buy it after seeing that. MGS is the game that showed me how great stories play huge part in great games.
akiba1953
Favorite Game: Monster hunter
Kojima games owned: all MGS, snatcher, policenauts
Xbox Live: junker1953

Post by akiba1953 »

PS1 MGS was my first. It was the summer between 6th 7th grade. I thought that game was really cool. I didnt understand all the talk about nukes and stuff. Then when I was in high school MGS2 came out. And that re-lit my love for the game. But i only got mgs2 just befor mgs3 came out cus i got a ps2 late. I love with the story. Shame that it will be coming to an end soon.
When you are getting your butt kicked on a game or getting frustrated take a 15min break. And most of all Remember it's just a game.