la-li-lu-le-lo's MGS Macguffin Theory with ESNY

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

la-li-lu-le-lo's MGS Macguffin Theory with ESNY

Post by Snake Plissken »

Latley I have been taking apart the existance and meaning to the <B>Patriots</B> as you all have seen on here. I was going to my snake plissken forum that I am temp administrating and it brought up the tape in Escape From New York, if you all know it you all know what I'm talking about. Snake is sent in to save the president and the tape before the Hartford Summit.

This is all fact from the script and official teleplay of Escape From New york (I am also obsessed with this movie series as well as you can see)

The United States called a meeting-- the Hartford Summit--where it planned to force China and Russia to stop fighting based on the threat of a new super-weapon the U.S. had developed or had access to. The weapon was a fusion bomb dubbed the Super Flash, a device that would kill living things in a flash but left no radiation behind. (Hmmm isn't that Rex's main missile performance calibur?) President Harker had convincing technical information about the new weapon on the cassette tape, which he intended to play at the Hartford Summit and so end the war.

Which brings another thing to light that many have not noticed about the games and ESNY, this above is totally what metal gear solid is based on in a minst and the big shell chapter to SOL. Snake Plissken sent in to recover the data of the bomb's power and the pres. Solid Snake sent in to recover and stop what metal gear rex can actually do.....

This was the biggest part of the movie that went nowhere as some elements with metal gear solid, 2, and now 3. I know there will be similarities from this to the games big time yes but I have no time to get technical but you know what I am saying.

Of course, this makes no sense at all; it’s simply a plot device that’s been called a MacGuffin ever since Alfred Hitchcock used that word to describe the idea: 'A MacGuffin is a plot device that holds no meaning or purpose of its own except to motivate the characters and advance the story.' Hence the <B>Patriots</B>, ect.

For the purposes of the plot, the cassette was (in the given time frame) the only source of convincing information about the new weapon. Without the cassette, the U.S. couldn’t threaten China & Russia and be believed. [Maybe it was all a bluff ] Anyway, because Snake destroyed the cassette, the Hartford Summit was a washout and U.S. government was left looking stupid.

The Macguffin ideals were used by carpenter alot in many of his movies as with kojima alot latley in his games. The <B>Patriots</B> alone are of a Macguffin. Remember what this word is, and what it means and take a good look at substancial plot items or people in the games that apply to the criteria and tell me what you think. I will post mine later cause I need to sleep and collect facts before, usually how I rant off with a theory and mess up and no one cares for what I have to say.

You must all remember as well that Kojima was an aspiring film maker, he pretty much is through his games, I am learning more and more filming tech. and he's a very advanced director.