View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
A "new" MGS1 
General

Post A "new" MGS1
I don't know how many people know about this, but if you finish Integral on the normal difficulty and start a new game, you can play through the game with alternative patrol routes for the guards. If you play with the radar off too, it makes for a somewhat new and definitely a more challenging experience (the guards hug areas that were easy paths to slip through before, and some areas have an extra guard).

Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 am
General

Post Re: A "new" MGS1
Yeah man, I wish they did this with the other titles in the series too. It really surprised me when after being so used to the enemy patrols that there was the possibility to play through with new enemy patrol routes. Really caught me off guard. It was sort of like playing the game again for the first time... almost. Ah, how I wish I could wipe my memory clean of MGS1 and play through it again just like it was the first time experience all over again (the same goes for many games that I really love).

Anyone actually try out the PocketStation mini game included with it? Never heard of anyone who has...

Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I did but have a very vague memory of doing it. I have the pocket station and the game lyig around.. maybe I'll gfive it a try. It was saved to the unit once the game once completed, right?

[Junker HQ]

Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:46 pm
Profile WWW
General

I remember a screen coming up after I completed the game, asking me to connect a PocketStation. I'd lost track of mine before I got the chance to try it though, unfortunately.

Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]