View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Metal Gear : Remembrance ***10-30-15*** 
Major

Post Re: Metal Gear Online : "Remembrance" ***11-21-12***
Kyrill wrote:
Man, you're re-creating a lot of maps from MGS, that's awesome.
I mean, imagine the day when the community will finally have to play on these maps online ! We will have our Metal Gear Online, our "Outer Heaven" ! :D

Yup. My favorite maps from MGO weren't enough for me, so now I'm expanding my reach to the "Saga".

The way I see it once these maps are finished they can be enjoyed in any game (that is moddable) that has "Mulitplayer" :mrgreen:
*As an ArmA player I'm dying to "port" Shadow Moses, and Big Shell to ArmA 3 (when released) to run some OP's on!*

The project is slowly changing direction, but I can't say too much...I've already said more than I should. :-#

Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 pm

This still alive? Haha keep up the good work regardless

Thu May 02, 2013 7:49 pm
Profile WWW
Major

elektr1k wrote:

Ah, thank you for your interest, as I nearly forgot about this thread here lol!

NOTE: This project usually takes the "Backseat" because of my work on the "Snatcher" remake...

There is so much crazy/awesome stuff going on behind the scenes, but I can't really comment on any of it yet...
I guess it's fair to say that this project may become a whole lot more than just a little "Map Pack" ??? :mrgreen:

Here are some images I've forgotten to upload recently...

Attachments:
MaxShell.jpg
MaxShell.jpg [ 741.47 KiB | Viewed 1266 times ]
File comment: Some models are missing in this image, but I'm working on the "master" project files...
2345555.jpg
2345555.jpg [ 547.03 KiB | Viewed 1266 times ]
File comment: Night "Test"
UrbanNight.jpg
UrbanNight.jpg [ 174.21 KiB | Viewed 1266 times ]
File comment: Testing some new assets...UBER WIP!
Grates.jpg
Grates.jpg [ 410.7 KiB | Viewed 1266 times ]

Fri May 03, 2013 4:31 am
Major

Post Re: Metal Gear Online : "Remembrance" ***9-23-15***
Here are some of the last screenshots, and videos that I had created for the project before it got put on hold/limbo fro the time being.

IMHO we were going to do MGSV:GZ's "Bonus Missions" the "proper" way! :mrgreen:

Here are some images that I took before the project fell into "limbo" :
*aka right before Crytek killed off FREE use of the engine/modding support to start charging money$*

The Snake model WIP : by CP *who joined me right before the project went on hold*
The Snatcher model WIP : by TheSyndicate *from/for my Snatcher remake, but had a bit more work done to make them look even more sexy*

Attachments:
sn7Waf3.jpg
sn7Waf3.jpg [ 135.93 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]
cF71A39.jpg
cF71A39.jpg [ 78.61 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]
HJvw3Wc.jpg
HJvw3Wc.jpg [ 82.95 KiB | Viewed 700 times ]

Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:38 pm
Second Lieutenant

Oh, hell yes.

Too bad now we can only imagine what Shadow Moses would look like in the Fox Engine.

Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Runner

el_ash wrote:
elektr1k wrote:

NOTE: This project usually takes the "Backseat" because of my work on the "Snatcher" remake...

There is so much crazy/awesome stuff going on behind the scenes, but I can't really comment on any of it yet...
I guess it's fair to say that this project may become a whole lot more than just a little "Map Pack" ??? :mrgreen:

Are you able to rip the maps to a usable format from the PC versions of MGS1/2?

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:55 am
Major

Dave wrote:
el_ash wrote:
elektr1k wrote:

Are you able to rip the maps to a usable format from the PC versions of MGS1/2?

I'll make something very clear here : NONE OF THIS, OR ANY OF MY WORK IS RIPPED!

I do see a ton of posers/fakes who just simply RIP Models, Levels, or anything else from MG games...those people can FUCK OFF!
These days it's too common for these ass hats to rip assets, make a mod, and get media attention, and acclaim for that bullshit while real artists get their work stolen, and see no credit etc.
I bust my ass, and devote far too much spare time to actually making all my shit...to mention ripping is an insult to me. Sorry if that wasn't your intent.

/end rant

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:09 pm
Major

Dave,

I want to apologize for the rant above, as it is not directed at you...just to be clear... :mrgreen:

I've been accused of "ripping" dozens of times due to the amount of time/effort I put into my re-creations to make them exactly like the original works.
I should take it as flattery, or a compliment, and I do mostly, but it's just a sore subject for me, as I've also had work stolen and others take credit for it etc.

I take it you like the work though? lol!

I think I need to make a video showing the progress from scratch...I haven't made a video in years...kinda inspired now hehehe

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Speaking of the video showing which mentioned by el_ash I am very much interested and excited to view whatever is the content of that certain video. Wich you could truly share to us the video someday.

Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:51 pm
Major

captainball227 wrote:
Speaking of the video showing which mentioned by el_ash I am very much interested and excited to view whatever is the content of that certain video. Wich you could truly share to us the video someday.

I would like to have made a video such as this video from Snatcher I made using screenshots of work : https://youtu.be/_UI3rzb4y_4
I may at some point do a short one like the above for this project, but the only thing stopping me was I didn't take screenshots as crazily as I did for Snatcher lol!

I'm thinking of somehow doing a video of when I need to do some white, grey, and polish modeling on something new, and to show it in time lapse.
I'm not currently working on this MG related project though...it's all Snatcher for a while when I have any time :(

Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:23 pm
Runner

Did el_ash just replied to a spambot? I swear, the bots are gettin' smarter every year. Sooner or later, we're gonna hafta abandon the forum ship due to said bots.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:21 pm
Major

SnatcherMkII wrote:
Did el_ash just replied to a spambot? I swear, the bots are gettin' smarter every year. Sooner or later, we're gonna hafta abandon the forum ship due to said bots.

Wait what?

I'm pretty sure "Spam Bots" don't add MGS2, and miss-spell Kojima on their profiles...just saying. lol! :mrgreen:
Good looking out though...bots be getting smart these days, and will one day overthrow us to take over the planet!

I did manage to throw together a video today sort of like my Snatcher "screenshot" videos.
There is also a TON of unseen work done by the AMAZINGLY TALENTED Chris P towards the end!

I just didn't show off his work much in the past because it was part of the plans for the project that didn't get to take shape yet etc.
Such as WIP : Old Ocelot, Olga G, a Camp Omega Soldier, A Child Soldier, Snake, Skull Face, Quiet, and other WIPs.

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3