A continuation of Ghost Babel?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
SolidJunk
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid(PSX)
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1 - 4

A continuation of Ghost Babel?

Post by SolidJunk »

To be honest, I think it is a shame that Shinta Nojiri; despite his "success" with the Ac!d series has never really made a true Metal Gear since Ghost Babel.

Now with the main timeline more-or-less completed, what do you think of the possibility of Mr. Nojiri making a sequel to Ghost Babel?

It would be a good excuse to have a young Snake again and maybe if they feel like it (assuming it is the same Jack), even Raiden could make an appearance. It might need to be on Wii so you could play the Gameboy Color game on the same disc.

If I remember correctly, the game was an alternate sequel to Metal Gear for the MSX. It seems to take the place of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake entirely or simply ignore anything that happened in Zanzibar. You wouldn't have to include anything from MGS1 (Liquid's revelations) and could possibly even have a completely different backstory for all of the characters.

Um....I know it is far fetched, but what do you think about the idea of continuing the Ghost Babel timeline?
kankokujin
Favorite Game: Xenogears
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Policenauts
Snatcher
Zone of the Enders 1-2(Is that Kojima?)

Re: A continuation of Ghost Babel?

Post by kankokujin »

Even though it would be weird to accept the alternate timeline and backstories after seeing what Snake went through from MGS1 and on, the fanboy in me would love to see something like that. But I'd prefer it be in full 3D.
Crimson Rex
Favorite Game: POLICENAUTS
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Snatcher.
PSN: CrimsonRex
Xbox Live: CrimsonRexGavMo

Post by Crimson Rex »

I would actually enjoy it, I kinda like the "alternate" universes of Metal Gear.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Great idea, but it makes too much sense for Kojima to do it. And Nojiri leaving KP was a huge loss. He still works as a producer with Konami, but something obviously happened and he's not with KP anymore. If the guy was actually someone who stood up to Kojima and got fired because of it, then hell, all the more reason to love good old Shinta.

http://jp.linkedin.com/pub/shinta-nojiri/14/B10/189
Crimson Rex
Favorite Game: POLICENAUTS
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Snatcher.
PSN: CrimsonRex
Xbox Live: CrimsonRexGavMo

Post by Crimson Rex »

For some reason I can easily see Kojima as the "Volgin" of KP.
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

Would that make Shinkawa the Raikov?