MGS Rising to be released this year?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
DOTL
Favorite Game: MGS
Kojima games owned: MGS PSX
MGS VR
MGS Twin Snakes GC ~ sold
MGS 2 PS2
MGS 2 Substance PS2
MGS 2 Substance PC
MGS 3 PS2
MGS 3 Subsistance PS2
MGS 4 PS 3
MG-GB GameBoyColor

MGS Rising to be released this year?

Post by DOTL »

Read it here

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/03/26/ ... s-2-dated/

I can´t imagine this to be true.
No trailers, no news, no screenshots.
Only Kojima and his twitter-mentions, while he keeps on saying that he won´t be involved so much.

On the other side, Game SHows are still to come, and if I remember right, Peace Walker and Rising were announced on the same day.
Maybe they changed strategy, after years of teasing, or maybe they really wanted to push Peace Walker, and after its release we will get blown away by tons of Rising trailers and minigames, tweets and food cans.

Or maybe its just not true...
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
PSN: zombieflesh777

Re: MGS Rising to be released this year?

Post by zombie-flesheater »

Well, i did assume that they were both being released this year anyways... I think i recall that Peace Walker was mentioned somewhere to be released sometime soon, and i expected Rising to come out at about the same time, since both of them were announced at the same time, too.
While i did enjoy Portable Ops, i hardly played PO+ due to its lack of story, though. I just hope Peace Walker will be more like PO story-wise. The same goes for Rising, which i am even more worried about. I didn't like Raiden too much to begin with, but to be fair, he more or less redeemed himself during MGS4. Still, a release on the XBOX360 would mean to depend on the capacity of DVD only and it will probably offer less story and / or cutscenes than MGS4.
Yes, i admit it, i absolutely loved part four for its story and for the many, many and long cutscenes. I guess i'm getting a bit lazy and prefer solid cutscenes over gameplay (which was still great, but obviously not THAT much in part 4...).
Crimson Rex
Favorite Game: POLICENAUTS
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Snatcher.
PSN: CrimsonRex
Xbox Live: CrimsonRexGavMo

Re: MGS Rising to be released this year?

Post by Crimson Rex »

Seems like Kojima is focusing more on PW at the moment.