Anyone else meeting Kojima on his Peace Walker World tour?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
NeoKobecitizen
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid: Special Missions
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater & Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots
Policenauts (PS1)
Snatcher (Mega CD)
Boktai
Bokta 2: Solar Boy Django
PSN: Retrohead80
Xbox Live: Missingnin80

Anyone else meeting Kojima on his Peace Walker World tour?

Post by NeoKobecitizen »

As i`m sure a lot of people know Hideo Kojima is doing a world tour to promote Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker...anyone going to go meet him and if so where? I`m meeting him in London at Uniqlo clothing store in Oxford street on 19th June. Can`t wait!!!
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
PSN: zombieflesh777

Re: Anyone else meeting Kojima on his Peace Walker World tour?

Post by zombie-flesheater »

NeoKobecitizen wrote:As i`m sure a lot of people know Hideo Kojima is doing a world tour to promote Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker...anyone going to go meet him and if so where? I`m meeting him in London at Uniqlo clothing store in Oxford street on 19th June. Can`t wait!!!
Is there a plan of his tour and where and when he'll stop by?
NeoKobecitizen
Policenauts (PS1)
Snatcher (Mega CD)
Boktai

Post by NeoKobecitizen »

Konami`s official website didn`t list the exact places last time i checked...only the countries & dates but I just did a bit of research on google and soon found out where he was in the UK. Website is http://www.konami.jp/mgs_pw/world/en/ If they haven`t updated it yet just do the same as I did and do a bit of research and i`m sure you`ll be able to find the info.
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

I think I'm gonna take a bus to NY if I find out where he will be just to buy peace walker and have him sign my Sega CD copy of Snatcher!
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

el_ash wrote:I think I'm gonna take a bus to NY if I find out where he will be just to buy peace walker and have him sign my Sega CD copy of Snatcher!
You stole my idea :P
It would be awesome if everywhere he shows up, there would be people getting their Snatcher signed and ask him to do a remake/sequel. After a while he'd probably say "I wanted to come here because of MGS: Peace Walker, but forget PW, there's this game, Snatcher..." :mrgreen:
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I want a signed bag of Doritos...
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
NeoKobecitizen
Policenauts (PS1)
Snatcher (Mega CD)
Boktai

Post by NeoKobecitizen »

I had the exact same idea....get him to sign my copy of snatcher however I`ve been informed that both Kojima and Shinkawa(yeah he`s there too) are only allowed to sign either copies of Peace Walker or limited edition art postcards by the store and will only sign 1 item each....which sucks. It sounds like the store`s rules though rather than anything to do with the two gentlemen themselves. In my experience people at these type of things tend to bend the rules a little in order to please the fans....so i might still take my snatcher....
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

I was already planning to go to NY this summer, so maybe I'll make an eariler trip...?...
I'd buy Peace Walker and have him sign it, but I'd slip him my copy of Snatcher...or at least the manual :mrgreen:
I need to find out where he's gonna be though...its %50 chance I can pull this off.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
Kerm
Favorite Game: Besides the games Kojima make, The Elder Scrolls
Kojima games owned: Snatcher CD-ROMantic
Policenauts PS1
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Special Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots
Metal Gear Ac!d
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphical Novel
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Zone of The Enders
Zone of The Enders The 2:nd Runner
PSN: faderkaka

Post by Kerm »

He isn't stopping by Sweden damn it and I am not hardcore enough to fly to london. :x
*Reserved space for signature*
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4

Kerm wrote:He isn't stopping by Sweden damn it and I am not hardcore enough to fly to london. :x
Yeah, i'm quite surprised that there aren't more stops in Europe. At least Germany ought to be a big market for games, too. Or at least i always thought so. But France, meh, never was too curious about it. :P
kankokujin
Favorite Game: Xenogears
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid 1-3
Policenauts
Snatcher
Zone of the Enders 1-2(Is that Kojima?)

Post by kankokujin »

Crap! I missed the one in Nagoya! DX
el_ash
Major

Post by el_ash »

My money situation is poor, so I won't be able to go to NY that early.
I'm aiming for NY in July so I can celebrate me and a friends B-day, and she'd be pissed if I chose Kojima over her/my Bday's...lol :mrgreen:

I'm probably still getting Peace Walker at some point though...it just won't be signed.
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
NeoKobecitizen
Policenauts (PS1)
Snatcher (Mega CD)
Boktai

Post by NeoKobecitizen »

I'm not sure whether i will try and take an "alternate" item to see if they'll both sign it(When i say both i'm reffering to the fact Yoji shinkawa is there too).
My mate Andrew reckons that despite the policy of only signing certain things that they generally break those rules at signings...I'm not so sure. Some i've been to have been kinda strict as to what's been allowed!.
No-one seems to care about Yoji shinkawa the artist of MGS....any fans of his work? what would you get him to sign? Unfortunately i don't own any artbooks(bit too pricey for me at the mo) maybe i should just get him to sign the inlay of one of the European versions of the game with his art on?
Lint_Preslar
PSN: MYurko

Post by Lint_Preslar »

I plan on giving him a copy of my MGO rendition of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake at Uniqlo in Manhattan.
NeoKobecitizen
Policenauts (PS1)
Snatcher (Mega CD)
Boktai

Post by NeoKobecitizen »

MGO Rendition of MGS2? Explain. I haven't posted much here.
I'm really not sure what to take to get signed now. I'm hoping it's not just peace walker that can be signed as I would really love either my policenauts or snatcher to be signed....if I was going for a metal gear item i might get the US Ltd edition of MSG4 boxset signed...arghhh damn my indecision! Well not long to go till I go see kojima and shinkawa.
I picked up a sealed Art of MGS artbook with the limited edition numbered bag in a local anime merchandise store called "Animez" for £35! bargain! I've seen em go for over £80 on Ebay! so i might unbag it and get shinkawa to sign that.
Edit: I just rang Uniqlo to find out more information about the signing and recieved the worst customer service of all time. The guy on the phone was a total prick! I'm not one to complain usually but i think i might make an exception in this case...
They did confirm though that they'll only sign peace walker and some art postcards by Yoji shinkawa...Bah!
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

NeoKobecitizen wrote:They did confirm though that they'll only sign peace walker and some art postcards by Yoji shinkawa...Bah!
It's worth trying anyway at those signings. That rule often disappears once they see how many people have brought items to the event.
Lint_Preslar
PSN: MYurko

Post by Lint_Preslar »

NeoKobecitizen wrote:MGO Rendition of MGS2? Explain.
It's my MGO fan movie of MG2 or also known as Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

www.youtube.com/NourishedPsyche
NeoKobecitizen
Policenauts (PS1)
Snatcher (Mega CD)
Boktai

Post by NeoKobecitizen »

Well last week I got to meet Mr Kojima and Shinkawa at Uniqlo's London flagship store and had a great time in London to boot . The day was great the only thing that brought it down slightly was the attitude of some of the security staff but more on that later. I arrived with my friend at 8 in the morning(signing was at 11) some hardcore fans had been there since 6 in the morning(Ouch). While we were in the que waiting a woman came around with a shirt rack taking orders for the Ltd edition Peace Walker T-shirts so I put my name down for the rather awesome red shirt with Big Boss looking somewhat like a one eyed version of che guevara. Two guys in front of me in the que were really good fun and we chatted for ages about MGS and games in general...they were impressed that I brought Policenauts along. With me I had a copy of peace walker, Yoji shinkawa's art of MGS book and finally policenauts and early on it was confirmed that they would only sign either peace walker or a postcard with Yoji's art on it given away for free at the event. The problem was they kept changing their minds....or perhaps not changing their minds but giving inconsistent information. Once we were inside the store at 10 security then said they would each sign 2 items. Then when i got to the front and had my artbook and policenauts they said "1 item per person" and then went on to say you could only have 1 item signed by both kojima and shinkawa so I made the split decision to get the artbook signed by both of em. Shinkawa was the first person I saw and he had a big smile on his face and held out his hand for a shake immediately. I shook his hand and he said "So glad you could come" and began sketching a characiture on my artbook. While I got my artbook signed my friend Andrew snapped a picture of Shinkawa and did the same as I went over to Kojima. Kojima did a little bow and then signed the cover shook my hand and thanked me. He drew a little peace walker sign next to his name. Although security and the langauge barrier made it difficult to really have a conversation with either of them it was very nice to see they seemed genuinely happy to be there and were all smiles and handshakes. Considering that they'd already been doing it for quite a while by the time we got to the front and the fact that they've been doing this tour for a while now it was good to see them in such high spirits.
Security were annoying throughout however they treated people like little kids and actually told people to sit down on the floor while the que wasn't moving...amusingly only a few people did so and everyone else ignored them. There was no point to it...there were almost no shoppers downstairs so it couldn't have been to leave the view of the shelves unobscured...i think they were just trying to exercise their egos a bit. The woman at the front was really abrupt when she saw i had 2 items (since we had been told we could have 2 signed) and you'd think I'd just told her that I'd shot her dog the way she reacted to that very simple turn of events. A few people came dressed up there was a solid snake, a big boss, meryl, a genome soldier and various people with balaclavas/camo paint/combats etc. One guy was Otacon. Security pulled an asian guy with dyed blond hair kicking and screaming out of the store. Someone later said he'd tried to jump the que and was swearing and being abusive to others in the que. Maybe I'll try and get some photos up of the event soon.
Pellasos

Post by Pellasos »

sounds disturbing. i don't think i would've enjoyed that event =(