MGS bad guys recycle

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
akiba1953
Favorite Game: Monster hunter
Kojima games owned: all MGS, snatcher, policenauts
Xbox Live: junker1953

MGS bad guys recycle

Post by akiba1953 »

Ok I was up set at the end of MGS2 that you find out that That Dead Cell Was basically Foxhound. And then in MGS4 it was the same but They where called by the foxhound names. In Metal Gear And Metal gear 2 solid snake They were original bad guys as in MGS3. And I feel that MGS3 should have just MG not S. as for portable ops and peace walker have new bad guys that where not the orgins of the fox members from MGS. I hope I said most of this kinda clearly.
When you are getting your butt kicked on a game or getting frustrated take a 15min break. And most of all Remember it's just a game.
DOTL
Favorite Game: MGS
Kojima games owned: MGS PSX
MGS VR
MGS Twin Snakes GC ~ sold
MGS 2 PS2
MGS 2 Substance PS2
MGS 2 Substance PC
MGS 3 PS2
MGS 3 Subsistance PS2
MGS 4 PS 3
MG-GB GameBoyColor

Re: MGS bad guys recycle

Post by DOTL »

Have you played Portable Ops?
Spoiler:
One Boss is Grey Fox, or Frank Jaeger. so that is some kind of massive recycle right?
akiba1953
Favorite Game: Monster hunter
Kojima games owned: all MGS, snatcher, policenauts
Xbox Live: junker1953

Post by akiba1953 »

Yes. I know that they where Fox members. But not sniper wolf in reincarnation.
When you are getting your butt kicked on a game or getting frustrated take a 15min break. And most of all Remember it's just a game.
BigBoss
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, ZOE, ZOE2, MGS 1, 2, 3, 4 and all special versions.
PSN: FlamingSatchel
Xbox Live: FlamingSatchel

Post by BigBoss »

I don't think they were actual Reincarnations...I didn't mind that the boss battles of MGS4 were like MGS I think 4 was all about nostalgia anyway.
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

BigBoss wrote:I don't think they were actual Reincarnations...I didn't mind that the boss battles of MGS4 were like MGS I think 4 was all about nostalgia anyway.
I do agree that it was probably intentional, but it doesn't seem quite as monotonous when certain characters are brought back in several games because it builds their character's background. So when the games repeat their history/gameplay with new characters, I can see how that might seem kind of cheap.