The cinematogrphy of Metal Gear Solid 2

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
MartinStatic
Favorite Game: The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time
Kojima games owned: MGS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS:PO, MGS PW
Not sure if I'd call it Kojima related, but Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow

As far as editions go, I have Special Missions, Substance and Subsistence.
Xbox Live: martinstatic

The cinematogrphy of Metal Gear Solid 2

Post by MartinStatic »

I read Artemio's Ending Analysis a few years ago, and complimented him on MSN about it, but after playing through it again, I've picked up on a few things. Nothing big, but whatever...
Was hoping he'd upload it to the site or something. Not cos it's great, but just cos I've never seen it mentioned in an article before.
It's about camera angles and the metaphorical roles they implicate on characters.
I should sleep.

It's in MS Office 2010's format, so it may not be compatible if you're on the older ones, but I can fix if needed. :)
Attachments
The Cinematography Of Metal Gear Solid 2.rar
-
(582.88 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Re: The cinematogrphy of Metal Gear Solid 2

Post by el_ash »

MartinStatic wrote:I read Artemio's Ending Analysis a few years ago, and complimented him on MSN about it, but after playing through it again, I've picked up on a few things. Nothing big, but whatever...
Was hoping he'd upload it to the site or something. Not cos it's great, but just cos I've never seen it mentioned in an article before.
It's about camera angles and the metaphorical roles they implicate on characters.
I should sleep.

It's in MS Office 2010's format, so it may not be compatible if you're on the older ones, but I can fix if needed. :)
Worked just fine in Word 2007, and was a good read! Thanx for uploading it man! :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack
MartinStatic
Favorite Game: The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina Of Time
Kojima games owned: MGS, MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGS:PO, MGS PW
Not sure if I'd call it Kojima related, but Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow

As far as editions go, I have Special Missions, Substance and Subsistence.
Xbox Live: martinstatic

Re: The cinematogrphy of Metal Gear Solid 2

Post by MartinStatic »

Thanks man!
First feedback I've had on it, was beginning to fear it was late night ramblings gone too far :P

You know how it is when it's late and you start thinking things and drawing lines that aren't there.