Boardgame MGS RISK announced

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Boardgame MGS RISK announced

Post by Solidé »

Announced by Kojima at Comic-Con. Pre-orders begins in october 17th. Limited Edition box was also announced but not any details about it yet.

“In the 21st century, war is privatized, financed by national leaders, and fought by mercenaries. Five private military companies (PMC) have risen to power, going to battle for the highest bidder regardless of ideology. In RISK®: Metal Gear Solid® Limited Edition, presale October 17th, you’ll take control of a PMC, acquire black market weapons, and battle for territories around the world. Do you have the skills to complete your mission?“

http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Boardgame MGS RISK announced

Post by Artemio »

Don't know what to make of it, but I am glad I only collect what I like =P
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Solidé
Captain
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Kojima games owned: All major Metal Gear Solid Games & MGA's, and other spinoffs.
Policenauts for Playstation, Saturn and 3DO.
Snatcher for PC Engine, Saturn and Sega CD.
Zone of the enders games for PS2.
Boktai games and Lunar Knights.
PSN: Solide18

Post by Solidé »

Yeah this might be fun to play, but i got one big problem with this. Where the heck i'm supposed to find 4-5 friends to play a damn boardgame with me? Last time i played one, i was in elementary school. And boardgames aren't really considered for adults here in Finland, but i suppose this applies to most of the other countries too.
http://hkfin.org/ Finnish Hideo Kojima Fan Forum
el_ash
Major
PSN: Ash712

Post by el_ash »

I got into RISK in highschool and it became my all-time favorite board game along with Stratego, HeroQuest, and Battle Masters.
I used to spend 2-6 hours playing RISK a day with all my freinds...we even invented some new rules (peace treaties etc. lol!)...I LOVE RISK!

I can't wait for this as it will be one of my favorite board games meets one of my favorite videogames! :mrgreen:
"DAMN SNATCHERS!"
Game RemakeImageMap Pack