Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
gonda

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Post by gonda »

http://kotaku.com/5939164/konami-reveal ... xxking-hot

Looks like Big Boss to me. Though it's still Kojima, so who knows...
Snaaake

Re: Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Post by Snaaake »

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know about these photos.

I found this article, which uses the photos to make some guesses about the story and setting of the upcoming game: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1564501/me ... ealed.html
gonda

Post by gonda »

Snaaake wrote: I found this article, which uses the photos to make some guesses about the story and setting of the upcoming game: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1564501/me ... ealed.html
Nice read. However I would prefer a futuristic setting instead of a cold war setting.
I hope Kojima can finally make Big Boss evil. MG has somewhat lost all it's villains. Ocelot, Zero, Solidus... all ended up being good guys. Pretty boring from my point of view.
AwesomeBrand
J.U.N.K.E.R.
Favorite Game: Metal Gear 2
Kojima games owned: In order of how I originally played them...
Metal Gear Solid
MGS2 Substance
MGS3 Subsistence
Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
MGS: Portable Ops
MGS: Peace Walker
MGS HD Collection
ZoE HD Collection
PSN: AwesomeBrand
Xbox Live: AwesomeBr0

Post by AwesomeBrand »

I thought the theme of MGS3 was that "Evil" was a matter of perspective. I do await the day where he goes nuts in his war against Zero and does harsh unforgivable things though. And when are Kaz and he going to have their fallout?
"Games are a study about people." - Hideo Kojima 2004
"To fans and myself, games are a dream." - Keiji Inafune 2003
"Games are life itself." - Hiroyuki Kobayashi 2003
"Why're ya taking this game so seriously?" - Beat Takeshi 1986
best name ever
Second Lieutenant
Favorite Game: Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
Kojima games owned: Snatcher, Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel and Boktai

Post by best name ever »

I'll just embed this,

I haven't been this impressed by a video game in quite a wile 8)
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!
gonda

Post by gonda »

AwesomeBrand wrote:I thought the theme of MGS3 was that "Evil" was a matter of perspective. I do await the day where he goes nuts in his war against Zero and does harsh unforgivable things though. And when are Kaz and he going to have their fallout?
Ocelot from MGS1 and MGS2 was for me the perfect villain. Ruthless and one step ahead of the game. His final words to Solidus at the end of MGS1 still sends shivers down my spine.
Spoiler:
That he turned out to be merely a Big Boss Fan was a step in the wrong direction from my point of view.
What else do we got since MG2? Two guys with a father issue and one Bond villain.
I couldn't name the main villain of peace walker (Coldman? Mena? Or even 'Boss'?) and I haven't played portable ops.
best name ever wrote:I'll just embed this,

I haven't been this impressed by a video game in quite a wile 8)
Looks darker than any previous MG installment. I like that. Hopefully this will be also the case for the final game.
Does anyone know, who the burned guy may be?
zombie-flesheater
Runner
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Metal Gear Solid 1
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 4
PSN: zombieflesh777

Post by zombie-flesheater »

...and yet another prequel. As if we didn't have enough of those already...
gonda

Post by gonda »

zombie-flesheater wrote:...and yet another prequel. As if we didn't have enough of those already...
I sincerely hope that this prequel will introduce a new cast that will star MGS5.
The next Metal Gear Solid game is considered a prologue to Metal Gear Solid 5, director Hideo Kojima said today at a PAX presentation.
(http://kotaku.com/5939881/metal-gear-so ... ar-solid-5)
Maybe Ocelot was cloned too... Who knows.
An interesting villain is all I want.
Junker-2045

Post by Junker-2045 »

Graphically it looks outstanding and I'm loving the grandiose scale and atmosphere! The trailer really impressed me. Everytime a new main MGS comes out, the anticipation is great but I think this is the MGS I've been most excited for.
gonda

Post by gonda »

Junker-2045 wrote:Graphically it looks outstanding and I'm loving the grandiose scale and atmosphere! The trailer really impressed me.
I would say that the atmosphere was good. I think it's a little early to judge the graphics of the FOX engine at this point. What I saw was dark like the Valley Of Defilement from Demon's Souls. ;)
Crimson Rex
Favorite Game: POLICENAUTS
Kojima games owned: Policenauts, Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Ac!d 2, Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops Plus, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Snatcher.
PSN: CrimsonRex
Xbox Live: CrimsonRexGavMo

Post by Crimson Rex »

Looking for to a game where everyone will call Boss by his rightful name for once.
Jack
Runner
Location: Outside the memory of Shadow Moses, done running...

Post by Jack »

the trailer was awesome. Sacco & Vanzetti + Guantanamo, I can't wait!