Metal Gear Solid Movie - Who would you cast?

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.

Are you excited for a Metal Gear Solid movie?

Definitively. Can't wait untill it's out.
No votes
I'm interested, but I will still play the games.
33%
Only if David Hayter writes the screenplay.
No votes
Depends on the director/actors.
No votes
Absolutely not. These games ARE the movies!
67%

Total votes: 3

Cybernetic Ninja

Metal Gear Solid Movie - Who would you cast?

Post by Cybernetic Ninja »

A movie-adaption of Metal Gear Solid has been officially announced, which is a big step foward to experience Snake's adventures on the big-screen in the future.
Avi Arad, who is known for is involvement in various comicbook-adaptions like Spider-Man, Iron Man and even X-Men, has been chosen as a producer.
But nobody has been cast yet and no director has been approached to make this film.
That's why I start this topic. Everyone can post his thoughts about how the movie should look like, which actors should be cast and who should direct and so on.

Let's get it started:
In my opinion, Christopher Nolan should direct this project. Why? Because he is capable to create an intense and unique atmosphere without distracting the story of a
movie. And his movies are authentic because he uses very little CGI compared to directors today. Also his movie-characters are believable, which is most important
to tell Metal Gear Solid properly. In short, he is the Hideo Kojima of filmmaking and very well suited to direct Metal Gear Solid.

And who would I cast?

Solid Snake: Christian Bale
Liquid Snake: Tom Hardy
Hal "Otacon" Emmerich: Cillian Murphy
Roy Campbell: Anthony Hopkins
Meryl Silverburgh: Olivia Wilde
Naomi Hunter: She has a striking resemblance to Monica Bellucci (and a bit of Sophie Marceau), but unfortunately she's to old for that part.
I think Rhona Mitra or Natalie Portman would rather fit.
Mei Ling: Jamie Chung
Revolver Ocelot: Gary Oldman (Sam Elliot could do it either)
Raven: Christoper Judge (Who is best known for Teal'c from the Stargate-Series)
Psycho Mantis: Doug Jones (Not to be confused with Doug Stone, the voice-actor of Psycho Mantis)
Sniper Wolf: I can't decide, but Amber Heard or Charlize Theron would be a good choice.
Both actresses have a seducing appeareance, which is a deadly part of Sniper Wolf.
Donald Anderson (DARPA-Chief): Denzel Washington

Of course David Hayter should write the screenplay. He played through every
game and knows about Metal Gear Solid as much as Hideo Kojma himself.

EDIT: Hideo Kojima revealed in an interview that he would choose the director by himself, to ensure that Metal Gear Solid will be
adapted very close to the games.