MGSV: Ground Zeroes PC Edition

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Rio_Brando
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 1
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear 1,(NES)Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2(Xbox), Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, MGS Portable Ops/+, MGS Peace Walker, AC!D,AC!D 2, Ghost Babel, VR Missions,MGS2 Substance, Zone Of The Enders HD Collection, Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS3/PC, Policenauts Sega Saturn Collection, Policenauts THE BEST PS1
PSN: G-0j47

MGSV: Ground Zeroes PC Edition

Post by Rio_Brando »

So who here grabbed it today? It's on sale for 13.39$USD for a bit longer until its back to 20$.

So far from what I've played, which is pretty much everything, it's pretty much Kojima's Source engine. This thing runs almost flawlessly on my outdated PC in ExtraHigh/High settings, maintaining 60fps and only dropping occasionally. Compared to the PS4/Xbone version, this one has some nice little upgrades. Coming in with an updated lighting/shadow system,enhanced AI, upgraded textures and other graphic features as so. The KB/M controls also feel really good, precise and fluid. I can't wait to see what else we'll get when TPP releases on PC. I took some screenshots to show off the extra bit of detail. Though if someone is running it maxed out and in 2k/4k they can one-up my measly 768 res screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/h5RzN

http://imgur.com/a/LEzBf

http://imgur.com/a/yNvTg
Kerm
Favorite Game: Besides the games Kojima make, The Elder Scrolls
Kojima games owned: Snatcher CD-ROMantic
Policenauts PS1
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Special Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots
Metal Gear Ac!d
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphical Novel
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Zone of The Enders
Zone of The Enders The 2:nd Runner
PSN: faderkaka

Re: MGSV: Ground Zeroes PC Edition

Post by Kerm »

Love it. Just a handful of small issues I hope getting fixed. Mouse sense gets really high when zooming with binoculars and sniper rifle. More descriptive keybind menu (For example goinf into first-person while aiming is the same button as the binoculars, but the option just says binoculars). Not being able to bind mouse key 4 & 5. Screen Effects graphic option handling both Anti-Aliasing and DOF(Should be separate options). Making Borderless Windowed mode actually work. And showing which button is which option when interrogating someone(I keep making guards call the guards instead of making them lie down during hold-ups).
*Reserved space for signature*
Rio_Brando
Favorite Game: Metal Gear Solid 1
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear 1,(NES)Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid 2(Xbox), Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 4, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, MGS Portable Ops/+, MGS Peace Walker, AC!D,AC!D 2, Ghost Babel, VR Missions,MGS2 Substance, Zone Of The Enders HD Collection, Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes PS3/PC, Policenauts Sega Saturn Collection, Policenauts THE BEST PS1
PSN: G-0j47

Post by Rio_Brando »

I'm sure with Phantom Pain they'll fix most of these small issues, A couple more graphic settings would be all I need since i was fine with the keybindings, and yeah the guard interrogation could be fixed some, I had the issue of snapping in out of the menu and main options for that cause I kept getting them mixed up.
Kerm
Favorite Game: Besides the games Kojima make, The Elder Scrolls
Kojima games owned: Snatcher CD-ROMantic
Policenauts PS1
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Special Missions
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater (Signed)
Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of The Patriots
Metal Gear Ac!d
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphical Novel
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops
Zone of The Enders
Zone of The Enders The 2:nd Runner
PSN: faderkaka

Post by Kerm »

I hope they do. I do hope for a patch that fixes these small annoyances though. KJP LA's community manager lurks the steam forums and he said that we should post problems with the game there.

As for the keybinds. I want to have mouse button 2 for zooming the binoculars, but that breaks zooming in with the sniper rifle since they both are on the same key bind.
*Reserved space for signature*