Time Paradox

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Time Paradox

Post by Snake Plissken »

I know many probobly already know this, but when you get killed the text on the retry screen changes to time paradox lol. Same with when you kill solkolov but a mystery voice yells at snake saying this. I'm just asking what anyone who has done this or have played the demo and are yet to see it, really think!?
Specter

Post by Specter »

It must mean its a true time paradox (or game over) because of the voice thingy.
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

yeah, kojima's just pulling a joke in with the possibilities of dying in the past, then there'd be no les en fant's
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Re: Time Paradox

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Snake Plissken wrote: Same with when you kill solkolov but a mystery voice yells at snake saying this.
I've been lurking in the forums for quite awhile. Don't know why it took me long to register.

Anyway, the "mysterious voice" that scold Snake when you kill Sokolov is actually the voice of Takeshi Aono, the Japanese voice of Campbell in the first two MGS games. Make that what you will.

He can also be heard in one of the trailers (when he mentions the term "Metal Gear"). Apparently, he'll be playing the voice of Glanin in the finished game (I can't confirm this though).
Snake Plissken
Major

Re: Time Paradox

Post by Snake Plissken »

Johnny Undaunted wrote:the voice of Takeshi Aono, the Japanese voice of Campbell
It is, a couple of people at metalgearsolid.org thought it was otacon, but when I heard cambell's voice on the ape escape briefing tralier it was his on the time paradox thing. :wink: