MGS3 Demo impressions

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
originalcracker

MGS3 Demo impressions

Post by originalcracker »

Well, I got it on Monday and since I have a Japanese PS2, I need to go over to my girlfriends house to play it. Even though I'm there a lot, I didn't get much time with the game. But the time I did have was great fun.

After cuting up a few snakes in the grass and shooting an alligator with a dart and slicing that up with the knife, I made it to the first guards in the game. I was hiding behind a tree with 80% camo and waited for the guard to pass me on his path. I pulled out my Tranquilizer gun and fired off a round to the back of his head. Now, I'm about 20 feet away. The dart hits the guy and a big "!" pops up above his head. I thought the dart would have done him in, but not yet it didn't. I paniced and tried pushing the "X" button to hide in the grass. To bad I was also press ing a direction at the same time. I ended up jumping out of my hiding spot and rolled out into a sunny open patch of dirt. Luckily the guard didn't notice my amasing acrobatics as I dove back into my hiding spot.

The guard serched the area as I hide in the shaded grass. After a few moments, he passed out. Phew, that was a close one.

I had a lot of fun playing the demo. I can't wait to play more.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

I hd a very similar experience... Bu I blew the guy with the shotgun =P Soldier and radio departed ways in the air.

But I must say I only played the demo for 20 minutes... and I ut it aside. I feel that it is not as polished as it should, but that is not my worry. It is in reality how much the MGS2 demo detracted from the final game once it came out.. It didn't allow me to have a "new game experience" fully..... I'll try and see if I can wait for the realease of the full game and keep that feeing of "a world to explore" intact till then....
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

I loved this thing, its just so cool. I just love the feeling of blasting 2 gaurds at the same time with the Shotgun and knocking them off the bridge with a grenade blast. :)

What is your favorite part of the demo?
LOVE OF HATE

Post by LOVE OF HATE »

AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN (north america) World that dosn't have the demo. :cry:
originalcracker

Post by originalcracker »

Yes. Uh.. no. Wait, can I change my answer?

Just go get the newest issue of OPM. Unless all of the issues at the grocery store have had the demo ripped out of them. I hate that.
Snake Plissken
Major
Favorite Game: Mega Man 2

Post by Snake Plissken »

I just wish I could of ate the soldiers, then I'd never starve in the game
Johnny Undaunted
Major

Post by Johnny Undaunted »

Snake Plissken wrote:I just wish I could of ate the soldiers, then I'd never starve in the game
Tactical Cannibalism Action!
FoxHound

Post by FoxHound »

I loved being able to drown in quicksand.
Hunting Gators with the shotgun was pretty cool.
Anybody try cutting the rope bridge with the knife?
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

FoxHound wrote:I loved being able to drown in quicksand.
Hunting Gators with the shotgun was pretty cool.
Anybody try cutting the rope bridge with the knife?
every time I'm surrounded by gaurds on the bridge and on the last rope supporting in the middlie I say "hey molleran, meet callee...in hell!" and then I chop it and all these gaurds collapse! Just like in Temple of Doom hahaaha
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

I tried to cut all the ropes but the bridge never falls for me :?
Snake Plissken
Major

Post by Snake Plissken »

oh I meant when you cut the surrounding strings with the gairds crossing you off, you chop it, you fall holding the ledge of the bridge while the gaurds all slip off pretty much ahahahaahahah
Warrior Bob

Post by Warrior Bob »

Hehe, I don't think I've picked up the demo either. I didn't even know it was out actually =)

I think I'm with Artemio on this one as far as waiting for the 'new game experience'... that and I just got a metric buttload of new games and should probably play those instead, hehehe.

I swear Katamari Damacy will devour my soul one day.
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

I like how if you throw a live snake in the room that Sokolov is in, he screams "Get it off, get it off!"
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Warrior Bob wrote:I swear Katamari Damacy will devour my soul one day.
It took mine back in April.... damn good game =)

I haven't had time to play the evrsion in english, though I hated the fact they changed the King saying "Alcohol... Gomen, Gomen" after the mess he does to the stars....
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
Ninja Kurosai
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by Ninja Kurosai »

Snatcher wrote: It took mine back in April.... damn good game =)

I haven't had time to play the evrsion in english, though I hated the fact they changed the King saying "Alcohol... Gomen, Gomen" after the mess he does to the stars....
Hey, you can't beat the price of $20...I'm picking my copy up tonight!! 8)