It seems odd...

Discussion related to the most well-known series by Kojima. News, debate and any related discussions are welcome. IMPORTANT Any topics related to MGS4 should temporarily go in the appropriate forum. Please keep spoilers out of signatures too.
BrianM

It seems odd...

Post by BrianM »

It seems odd to me that, other than the auction post, there has been no topic directly addressing Metal Gear Solid 3.

If I may open the field, I would like to say that it greatly bothers me that there are two completely different insertions of 'Snake' into the jungle. Firstly, there is the HALO jump, and second being the drop via jet capsule thingy.

I believe that I read in an interview somewhere that Kojima stated that the game would take place over a 48 hour period of time, but it seems like it would be impossible for the hero to complete his mission when his arm gets broken by The Boss (on the bridge with Volgin and Sokolov also present) which also appears to be near the beginning of the game (considering Snake has both his eyes and is first finding out about The Boss' defection to the Soviet Union).

It definitely seems as if the game will be separated into two separate missions (Snake Eater and Virtuous Mission?), I certainly hope it isn't, though. Such a situation tends to make it more difficult to stay involved in the story (almost creating a gap) as in MGS2.
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

That is because all MGS3 posts are at this special forum meanwhile, as it reads in the forum description.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
BrianM

Post by BrianM »

heh, my bad