Virus

Comments, typos, feedback and suggestions are welcome here. Please READ THE RULES. They are few, I promise.
Snake700
Major

Virus

Post by Snake700 »

Yea, this website has a virus, everytime i'm on this site, AVG free edition says it discovered a threat. IE5/YJ1GG4BZ\index[1].htm

It identifies the virus as JS/Psyme.QM
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

Could you please detal the URL?

There can't be sommething like a javascript virus, but I'll check it out anyway. Using IE is not a good idea anywhere anyway though, even less so version 5.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Ah, I see I'm not the only one. I'm pretty sure that the virus is a minor spyware program (probably nothing to worry about). I'm also using avg free, so I'm getting the same problem. It just started having this problem a couple days ago, so it's pretty recent.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

On what URL do you get that?
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

If by URL you mean, what page? It's every page I go through. When I enter the site, and when I search through the index-every page. I got one when I went to this page posting.php?mode=reply&t=1729
I honestly think that it's AVG and not the site. I think it might be picking up on the fact that cookies are required to record where the user has been, and it sees that as a security threat.
Sorry if this isn't very clear. Thanks man.
RandommodnaR
Runner

Post by RandommodnaR »

I also think it's AVG. The Free version is quite bitchy on itself, and the Pro version... *shivers*

I'd advise you to get NOD32. It's more expensive though. :???:
And then the long pulse of Zion Dub...
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Nah, AVG free edition keeps me safe, that's all i need :P
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

Snake700 wrote:Nah, AVG free edition keeps me safe, that's all i need :P
I second that

AVG is actually an excellent virus protection program, but, as with all anti-virus protection software, it causes some problems.
Artemio
Site Admin

Post by Artemio »

I found the problem, and it is being fixed. It has been already but I am making completely sure it is fully eradicated. It was mainly due to a backup restored form windows which didn't have the appropriate permissions, and some malicious script was inserted in some pages. But it has been neutralized and will not happen again.

I apologize for the inconvenience and also wish to thank you for reporting this. It didn't happen on my cellphone, and since that is what I have been using lately I didn't notice.

Should work properly on the whole site now. Again, a sincere apology for the inconvenience. please let me know if I missed some page.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
JimboKudo
Major

Post by JimboKudo »

It seems to be working fine now. Thanks.
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Working, thanks :)
What?

from Pulp Fiction