Suggestions for the Joy Division

Comments, typos, feedback and suggestions are welcome here. Please READ THE RULES. They are few, I promise.
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Suggestions for the Joy Division

Post by violentpig »

With the amount of collectors that have come onboard, the Joy Division section has really grown quite a bit. I have 2 suggestions for it since it's gotten bigger.

1) Rules. There's no guidelines for the sale section other than the ban on "backups". Typically I notice forums do things like require pictures (with a name card in background), minimum # of posts to sell, no crapping on threads (e.g. "you're price is too high!"), no hijacking threads (e.g. someone selling sometime but someone else offers the same item cheaper), keep chatter to minimum etc.

It's up to you guys what you decide, but I think more rules should be added.

2) A pinned user transaction feedback thread. Since everything is going through private sales, it'd be nice to hear how transactions have went and if the seller is going the extra mile to get out items quick and well packed.

Just my thoughts. I think more rules and user feedback will keep things running alot tighter in that section and will attract more buyers and potential sellers.
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Re: Suggestions for the Joy Division

Post by Artemio »

Thanks for the suggestions. Marc and I agreed that changes needed to be made and we implemented some, please let us know what you think:

Revised Rules
Outer Heaven (Buyer/Seller Feedback)
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]
violentpig
Colonel
Favorite Game: MGS4
Kojima games owned: www.liquidocelot.com for list

Post by violentpig »

Good stuff. My fav new item is the 30 posts before selling anything. People that join up just to sell are just "using" the board solely for their own personal gain and will be gone right after the item is posted/sold. That would drive me insane if I was flipping the bills for the hosting/etc. If I wanted that I'd just hit up ebay. Like I don't already though :mrgreen:

Thanks Artemio!
....snake?
SSSNNNAAAKKKEEE!!!
Artemio
Site Admin
Favorite Game: Snatcher! ... no wait, Policenauts...
Kojima games owned: http://junkerhq.net/kojima.html
PSN: Artemio
Wii Friend Code: 6335316353781527
Xbox Live: JunkerHQ

Post by Artemio »

The 30 post thing is there mainly as buyer protection. That way we get to know the new member from his behavior on the forums before doing transactions.
From the mathematical perspective, consciousness might be regarded as a second derivative of sensation.
-- Terrel Miedaner

[Junker HQ]