The Nintendo DS Topic!

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

Reborn from the Ashes wrote:
jcgamer60 wrote::shock:

Yeah, supposibly 3 is supposed to be the best one in the series which should more than make up for justice for all's mediocre effort. While i enjoyed justice for all it just didn't seem as great as the original ace attorney 1, in terms of music and cases. Case 4 is what saved justice for all imo. The fourth in the series should be interesting since its being built from the ground up on the DS, so most likely it will be making good use of the ds touch screen etc, much like case 5 in ace attorney 1 (which was made exclusively for the ds version for those who don't know).
Very slight GS4 Spoilers.
Spoiler:
GS4 is already confirmed to have finger print dusting. You can also make molds of footprints as well. It looks like the luminol testing will be back as well: http://sb.tsutaya.co.jp/WM/db/NTRPAGCJ.asx
Great :) . Now lets hope that the cases and the new characters in this game are interesting and this game is set!
Reborn from the Ashes

Post by Reborn from the Ashes »

GS4 has been leaked. If anyone wants to avoid spoilers, I would suggest staying away from any Ace Attorney boards.

I've seen a spoiler regarding the end of Case 1 (although that's the only case I'm intending to spoil.) It seems to be setting up for quite an epic story. :)
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

I'm still rather bitter that they took away the main character. But that's just me... :sad:
Reborn from the Ashes

It looks like Phoenix will still play an important role though.

*GS4 Case 1 Spoilers*
Spoiler:
We don't find out why he gave up law in the first case, (although there's a small clue given), and he's connected to a very important character in the series.
Reborn from the Ashes

http://www.flickr.com/photos/capcomlost ... 0073845067

Shown by a Capcom employee, so there's no chance this is a joke. :grin:

Phoenix Wright, Trials and Tribulations is rumoured to be released in North America on the 25th of September.

Edit: There's a trailer as well:
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

Reborn from the Ashes wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/capcomlost ... 0073845067

Shown by a Capcom employee, so there's no chance this is a joke. :grin:

Phoenix Wright, Trials and Tribulations is rumoured to be released in North America on the 25th of September.

Edit: There's a trailer as well:
I was about to post that trailer. :) I'm really hyped for this game now and the music in that trailer is pretty cool too.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

So any idea as to the English title? They really can't call it Phoenix Wright any more...or can they?
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

seraphssavior wrote:So any idea as to the English title? They really can't call it Phoenix Wright any more...or can they?
They rebranded it to the "Ace Attorney" series for justice for all. If you look at the box art you will see that Ace Attorney was bolded instead of Phoenix Wright's name.
Reborn from the Ashes

GS4 is selling very well so far, but the general reaction to it is generally negative. :(

**GS4 Spoiler.**
Spoiler:
seraphssavior wrote:So any idea as to the English title? They really can't call it Phoenix Wright any more...or can they?
From what I've heard, they probably could. :???:
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

Reborn from the Ashes wrote:GS4 is selling very well so far, but the general reaction to it is generally negative. :(

**GS4 Spoiler.**
Spoiler:
From what I've heard, they probably could. :???:
What are the negative impressions about so far? Are the cases so far bad in general?
Reborn from the Ashes

I only know what happens in Case One, but from what I've read:

**GS4 Spoilers.**
Spoiler:
Phoenix more or less completely overshadows Odoroki. That's bad enough when you consider that GS3 was supposed to be the end of Phoenix's Arc, and 4 the start of Odoroki's, but Phoenix doesn't even act like the Phoenix of the last three games, as case one clearly demonstrates. Also, there are only three characters from Phoenix's Arc mentioned in the game.

Kyouya just doesn't live up to Edgeworth, Franziska and Godot as a prosecutor. It could be down to the fact that Kyouya is actually very friendly, but the tension that existed with the other prosecutors just isn't there with Kyouya.

Case 4 generally isn't very popular. The "Mason system" (which involves the badge Phoenix wears on his hat), in particular is considered to be detrimental to the game.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

Is it MGS syndrome all over again? Fans wail for not getting Phoenix as the main character? Or are all of the characters rather poorly designed and boring?
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

Interesting, i will have to read up on some other impressions as well. Who knows, if enough people complain Phoenix could return as the lead character in Gyakuten saiban 5 (which will happen considering how well this new one is doing in japan and...you know Capcom :P ).
Reborn from the Ashes

Henry Spencer wrote:Is it MGS syndrome all over again? Fans wail for not getting Phoenix as the main character? Or are all of the characters rather poorly designed and boring?
The main complaint about GS4 is that Phoenix appears too much. People have even gone as far as to say that Phoenix is the main problem with the game.

Takumi Shuu, the Director and Scenario Writer for the GS games, didn't want Phoenix to appear in 4 at all. As far as he was concerned, Phoenix's Arc ended in GS/AA3. When the executives told him that they wanted to make GS4, he always intended it to be a completely new story. Capcom told Takumi that they would allow him to create a new story and main character, but Phoenix at least had to make an appearance.

It doesn't seem like Capcom did anyone any favours by demanding Phoenix appear in GS4. Not the series, not Takumi, and not the players. :(

Aside from Phoenix, Kyouya Garyuu (the main prosecutor) is only one I've heard any real complaints about. Mainly that he's too "typically good looking", and while he's a likable, friendly and honest character, those traits aren't the best ones for the prosecutor to have.
jcgamer60 wrote:Interesting, i will have to read up on some other impressions as well. Who knows, if enough people complain Phoenix could return as the lead character in Gyakuten saiban 5 (which will happen considering how well this new one is doing in japan and...you know Capcom :P ).
GS4 Case 4 Spoilers.
Spoiler:
That is actually possible. Phoenix was disbarred, but after everything's cleared up in Case 4, I heard (again, haven't played the game and can't read Japanese) that Phoenix says something about passing the exam to become a lawyer again.
Personally, I hope that doesn't happen. I've always liked Odoroki. :(
jcgamer60
Runner

Post by jcgamer60 »

I wish i didn't read that lol. Oh well, its expected i suppose.
Reborn from the Ashes

Seems like Gyakuten Saiban 5 has already been announced. :| I hope this isn't the start of the series going downhill.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=18291
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

This is quickly becoming the new Final Fantasy! Soon we'll have title 14 announced! Haha.

I just wish they'd release a PW game for the Wii already.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Yes, the DS is amazing. "Konami Arcade Collection" has been in it for several weeks now, and after seeing the power that games like "Castlevania:Portrait of Ruin" and "Resident Evil DS" showed off like FMV, I'm hoping it's possible that Snatcher can be on the DS. It would probably be a port of the Sega CD version, but it would be really unique with the touch screen. You could use it to select options and for the shooting sequences. I don't have to many other DS titles though, as great of a system as it is:

Elite Beat Agents
Madagascar
Sonic Rush
Metroid Prime Pinball

and I can't find the two I got for Christmas in 2004 when I got my DS, which are "Ridge Racer DS" and "Sprung". What the fuck happened to them? It's like they vanished without a trace from my house! I can't find them anywhere!
Reborn from the Ashes

The Japanese version of GS/AA3 (with full English translation) will be released on the 23rd of August.

Boxart: