Boy, reviewers of bad games can't get enough of Bebe's Kids.

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Boy, reviewers of bad games can't get enough of Bebe's Kids.

Post by JunkerMike »

The game was published by Motown Games.....wait *LOUD record scratch*, Motown had a video game division? What the????? Well it must not have lasted long. Anyway, there's so many reviews of this game on youtube. It must be REALLY bad. I feel compelled to download a ROM of it so I can experience the suckage myself. Here's some examples of what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Kn3ChyTEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnSievPdp4Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvOJyox-kOw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5MtO5R3ys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGYrF9HmdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uANmj2ycdNc

I think wizwar100's review is the funniest review of the game I've seen so far.
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Chillin'! when you pause the game huh. What the fuck? Man that game sounded like crap!
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Snake700 wrote:Chillin'! when you pause the game huh. What the fuck? Man that game sounded like crap!
LMAO!
Snatcher2047
Runner
Favorite Game: SNATCHER
Kojima games owned: Snatcher
Snatcher : Pilot Disk
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Wii Friend Code: 0087516012043877
Xbox Live: Snatcher2047

Post by Snatcher2047 »

I refuse to listen to the opinion of anyone who use the word "FUCK" as if it was a comma, and unfortunately, it seems anyone who does those YT reviews does that. At least that Angry Videogame Nerd guy is funny when he does the reviews.

But, yes, the game does suck.
The Kremlin : A Snatcher Fan Site, est. 2000
JustinAaron.com
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

I'm really getting sick of AVGN, especially now that if there's a game that was popular that people liked, and he reviews it, that people start hating it just because of him, and this is what AVGN amounts up to:

One
Two

And somebody at another forum I go to made a good point:"The people who think his videos are funny are a bunch of Hot Topic kids who don't even own a NES. They just have a NES T-shirt.". Not only that, but NOBODY ever thought any of the following games SUCKED until he reviewed them:

Simon's Quest
TMNT
Top Gun

Plus somebody on the Screw Attack forum suggested James review the Tiny Toons game. And then somebody else suggested "Godzilla" and "Gunsmoke" for NES, and if James reviewed either one of those I'll never forgive him. Heck if James said Pac Man and Galaga sucked, most people would think the same way too. He's like a bad TV commercial poisoning people's minds with subliminal messages or something. It's not right. If you wanna see a good game reviewer on youtube, go and watch Armake21. He's a MILLION TIMES funnier than James will ever be, and plus if there's a game he hates, people don't hate it just because he does.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Someone ask him to review Halo!
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

seraphssavior wrote:Someone ask him to review Halo!
Who, AVGN?
Snatcher2047
Runner
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Post by Snatcher2047 »

JunkerMike wrote:Simon's Quest
TMNT
Top Gun
I played all three of those games in my youth, and I have to say AVGN couldn't have hit the nail on how badly those games sucked any better. TMNT was atrocious and Top Gun was barely playable. I don't think I spent more than 20 minutes of my life playing Top Gun. The only reason I played TMNT was because I was a huge fan of the cartoon. It had above average graphics, but not much else.

And Simon's Quest has got to be the worst of the Castlevania series. But then again, anything looks bad in comparison to Symphony Of The Night.

Next thing you are gonna tell me is he was wrong about Ghostbusters (NES).
JustinAaron.com
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

I just LOVE how people can say Top Gun is barely playable, when I find it to be more playable than most other flight sims, and I also love how people say it's impossible to land the plane when I manage to land it almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I PLAY. Also, there's only 4 stages in the whole game, and a good game shouldn't be so easy you can breeze through it. Every single review I read for TMNT was a good one before AVGN's review came along. Then when he reviews it, all of a sudden, people agree with him 100%! And last I checked, Simon's Quest was one of the most popular and most successful games of the Castlevania franchise. EVERYBODY liked that game, and it got tons of great reviews until AVGN reviewed it, but then, again, just like TMNT, once he reviewed it, everybody else automatically thinks it sucks too! What is this world coming to? The "Furious Famicom Faggot", in those two links I made in the last reply are pretty much what AVGN amounts to.
Snatcher2047
Runner
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Post by Snatcher2047 »

JunkerMike wrote:The "Furious Famicom Faggot", in those two links I made in the last reply are pretty much what AVGN amounts to.
Actually, I thought of those as just someone trying to capitalize on someone else's popularity, but to each their own.
JustinAaron.com
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

JunkerMike wrote:I just LOVE how people can say Top Gun is barely playable, when I find it to be more playable than most other flight sims, and I also love how people say it's impossible to land the plane when I manage to land it almost EVERY SINGLE TIME I PLAY. Also, there's only 4 stages in the whole game, and a good game shouldn't be so easy you can breeze through it.
Your opinion is that the game doesn't suck, or at least not as badly as it's been touted? So what? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how ill-informed or completely opposed it is to your own. Remember that your particular comments apply only to yourself, and not necessarily to anyone else who plays the game (especially anyone who may be playing it for the first time).
Every single review I read for TMNT was a good one before AVGN's review came along. Then when he reviews it, all of a sudden, people agree with him 100%! And last I checked, Simon's Quest was one of the most popular and most successful games of the Castlevania franchise. EVERYBODY liked that game, and it got tons of great reviews until AVGN reviewed it, but then, again, just like TMNT, once he reviewed it, everybody else automatically thinks it sucks too! What is this world coming to? The "Furious Famicom Faggot", in those two links I made in the last reply are pretty much what AVGN amounts to.
So you see reviews that are divergent of your own, accrediting this sole reviewer AVGN for corrupting those who have negatively scored those said particular games, and are upset simply because they aren't in agreement with your opinions? It seems you'd much rather be influencing the thoughts of others than AVGN. Who are you to say that no one disliked a particular game until this person reviewed it? I sincerely doubt you made a conscious effort to read every review you could find of those games you've mentioned, before you even had a plausible excuse to do so when AVGN appeared on the scene to discredit them.

And while I would agree that certain people have a way of influencing others to think and act like them, I don't believe the comments of this particular person were enough to completely destroy a solid fanbase of any of those games, if indeed they were as popular as you seem to believe before they received negative critique. In other words, I no more believe that anyone is 100% negative of those games now than I believe they were 100% positive of them before AVGN reviewed them. You're only deluding yourself by thinking otherwise.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Who are you to say that no one disliked a particular game until this person reviewed it?
Because I remember well from my childhood that everybody liked that game. Even after TMNT 2, 3, 4 and the rest came out, people STILL liked it.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

JunkerMike wrote:Because I remember well from my childhood that everybody liked that game. Even after TMNT 2, 3, 4 and the rest came out, people STILL liked it.
Well, I guess I can't argue with those facts.
Snatcher2047
Runner
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2
Metal Gear Solid 3

Post by Snatcher2047 »

JunkerMike wrote:
Who are you to say that no one disliked a particular game until this person reviewed it?
Because I remember well from my childhood that everybody liked that game. Even after TMNT 2, 3, 4 and the rest came out, people STILL liked it.
Define "everybody". 2, 3, and 4 were incredible games. 1 just really fell flat for me and the only reason everyone (back then) gave a damn about it was because it was TMNT (the cartoon was insanely popular at that point) and it was the only TMNT game available at the time.
JustinAaron.com