BLADES of STEEL!

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

BLADES of STEEL!

Post by JunkerMike »

LOL, I love that digitized voice on the title screen in the NES version. Anyway, I'm not that big a fan of sports games, but this one is LOADS of fun! And even people who aren't into sports games such as myself will love it. And the fights are awesome too. Plus Kazuki Muraoka, an accomplice of Mr. Kojima worked on not just the NES version, but the original arcade version as well.
jcgamer60
Runner

Re: BLADES of STEEL!

Post by jcgamer60 »

JunkerMike wrote:LOL, I love that digitized voice on the title screen in the NES version. Anyway, I'm not that big a fan of sports games, but this one is LOADS of fun! And even people who aren't into sports games such as myself will love it. And the fights are awesome too. Plus Kazuki Muraoka, an accomplice of Mr. Kojima worked on not just the NES version, but the original arcade version as well.

Sports games in general were a lot more fun back then, imo. These days they are too realistic. I have good memories with games like NBA jam and Blades of steel, which were really cool with their arcade style gameplay.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Yeah, but there were sports games that were just as complicated and as confusing as they are today. But these are a few sports games I DON'T hate:

Blades of Steel
NBA Jam
10 Yard Fight
Ultra Golf ("Konami Golf" to those of you who live outside the US)

and I can't really think of anything else right now.
seraphssavior
Second Lieutenant

Post by seraphssavior »

Arch-rival on the genesis(snes?) It was basketball, and you could punch other players.
Life and Death hang in perfect balance...I'm only here to tip the scales.