LMAO, Kids on Site.

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

LMAO, Kids on Site.

Post by JunkerMike »

If you wanna play a really HORRIBLE and BORING game, I've got a FUCKING winner for you RIGHT HERE!: Kids on Site, by the ever infamous "Digital Pictures". But unlike Sewer Shark, Night Trap or Ground Zero Texas and every thing else they've put out, this is a game for small children. I once read a review of it on some Sega CD site 4 years ago, and it sounded like it was retarded. Then recently, I decided to purchase the game just to see how bad it is. I knew it was bound to be bad from the start, but sometimes I buy shitty games just to laugh at how bad they are. The game's loaded with comedy, but it's not funny in the way they wanted it to be. The comedy works in the wrong way, like unintentional comedy. Another thing that's amusing about this game is how if you screwed up, they just tell you you're doing good anyway, or say things like "Take a break, you're workin' too hard!". You know, they just be cool about it and act like it's no big deal. I was expecting them to get really pissed, but they're just like "Man, you really screwed up, but don't worrk. It's cool. We're not mad." I'd recommend this game just for a quick unintentional laugh, but other than that, it's a piece of shit just as I predicted. In fact, no wait. It's not even a game! It's just like some kind of learning software for preschoolers or something! And plus WHAT THE HELL is something like this doing on a video game system???? If it were on the PC it would make sense, but this is a fucking video game system for fuck sake! Anyway, I only paid like $5.00 plus shipping for my copy I think. I wish I had the ISO file for this game (Geez, I called it a GAME again! It's not a game! Whatever it is.) so I could review it on youtube and show this horror to everyone, and show them how hysterically bad it is. The actor who plays Dizzy sounds familiar though from the sound of his voice.
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Re: LMAO, Kids on Site.

Post by Henry Spencer »

JunkerMike wrote:If you wanna play a really HORRIBLE and BORING game, I've got a FUCKING winner for you RIGHT HERE!: Kids on Site, by the ever infamous "Digital Pictures". But unlike Sewer Shark, Night Trap or Ground Zero Texas and every thing else they've put out, this is a game for small children. I once read a review of it on some Sega CD site 4 years ago, and it sounded like it was retarded. Then recently, I decided to purchase the game just to see how bad it is. I knew it was bound to be bad from the start, but sometimes I buy shitty games just to laugh at how bad they are. The game's loaded with comedy, but it's not funny in the way they wanted it to be. The comedy works in the wrong way, like unintentional comedy. Another thing that's amusing about this game is how if you screwed up, they just tell you you're doing good anyway, or say things like "Take a break, you're workin' too hard!". You know, they just be cool about it and act like it's no big deal. I was expecting them to get really pissed, but they're just like "Man, you really screwed up, but don't worrk. It's cool. We're not mad." I'd recommend this game just for a quick unintentional laugh, but other than that, it's a piece of shit just as I predicted. In fact, no wait. It's not even a game! It's just like some kind of learning software for preschoolers or something! And plus WHAT THE HELL is something like this doing on a video game system???? If it were on the PC it would make sense, but this is a fucking video game system for fuck sake! Anyway, I only paid like $5.00 plus shipping for my copy I think. I wish I had the ISO file for this game (Geez, I called it a GAME again! It's not a game! Whatever it is.) so I could review it on youtube and show this horror to everyone, and show them how hysterically bad it is. The actor who plays Dizzy sounds familiar though from the sound of his voice.
You sound like an Ed Wood fan. ;)

But yeah, getting the Sega CD is a good purchase for shitty games. May I recommend the CD-i? For every good game on that system, there's truthfully, ten bad games. I must say, the good games on the system are pretty awesome though... :grin:

I look forward to your YouTube review then, anyway.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Henry Spencer wrote:

But yeah, getting the Sega CD is a good purchase for shitty games. May I recommend the CD-i? For every good game on that system, there's truthfully, ten bad games. I must say, the good games on the system are pretty awesome though... :grin:

LOL, I've actually never seen Ed Wood, just bits and pieces of it. I didn't say every game on the Sega CD was bad. I just said many games that Digital Pictures released were horrible. I remember I wanted a CD-i when I was younger. I have no clue why. But maybe I should get one just to laugh at all the bad games on it. And I'm not really sure if the plans to review it are written in stone, but it's definately something I'd consider if I had the ISO file.
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

JunkerMike wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:

LOL, I've actually never seen Ed Wood, just bits and pieces of it. I didn't say every game on the Sega CD was bad. I just said many games that Digital Pictures released were horrible. I remember I wanted a CD-i when I was younger. I have no clue why. But maybe I should get one just to laugh at all the bad games on it. And I'm not really sure if the plans to review it are written in stone, but it's definately something I'd consider if I had the ISO file.
Can I recommend Burn: Cycle to you if you do? That game is freaking awesome, and as a fan of cyberpunk, you should honestly like it. There's also Lost Eden, another adventure gem, lost in time. :(

I have a soft spot for the port of Dragon's Lair and Space Ace on the system too.

Crap games you should get: Anything by American Laser Games, anything that was Ninty's, like the Zelda games and Mario games. There's also Chaos Control, great cutscenes, awful game, pity really, I'd check that one out.

And nah, I don't hate the Sega CD, just feel that it's got plenty of crap games for it, but good games on it as well.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

Speaking of ALG:I have the Sega CD version of "Mad Dog McCree", but I really wanna check out that game "Crime Patrol"! I've never been able to acquire that disc!
Henry Spencer
General
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)

Post by Henry Spencer »

The ports for the Sega CD are awful mess. Crime Patrol on the CD-i are the closest you're gonna get to the original arcade version, it looks even better than the 3DO versions. Crime Patrol has some bad acting in it, jeez. :o

Still, good for a guilty pleasure. 8)
87th
General
Favorite Game: MetalGear 2: Solid Snake
Kojima games owned: METALGEAR SERIES
MetalGear (MSX2) [European]
MetalGear (NES) [European]
MetalGear (Famicom) [Japanese]
MetalGear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2) [Japanese]
Snake's Revenge (NES) [European]
MetalGear Solid (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Premium Pack (PlayStation) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Integral (PlayStation) [Japanese]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear: Ghost Babel (Gameboy Color) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance + The Document of MGS2 (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox) [European]
MetalGear Solid 2: Substance (PC) [European]
MetalGear AC!D (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Pack (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear AC!D2 (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [Japanese]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - Promo copy (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid 3: Subsistence - 1st Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) [European]
MetalGear Solid: Portable Ops (PSP) [American]
MetalGear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Limited Edition (+ Bonus Disc, Soundtrack and 6" Old Snake Action Figure) [European]

SNATCHER SERIES
Snatcher (Mega CD) [European]
Snatcher (Saturn) [Japanese]

POLICENAUTS SERIES
Policenauts Pilot Disk (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (3DO) [Japanese]
Policenauts (PlayStation) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]
Policenauts (Saturn) [Japanese]

ZONE OF THE ENDERS SERIES
Zone Of the Enders (PlayStation 2) [European]
Zone Of the Enders: The Second Runner - Special Edition (PlayStation 2) [European]

BOKTAI SERIES
boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hand! (Gameboy Advance) [European]
boktai 2: Solar Boy Django (Gameboy Advance) [European]

OTHER SERIES
Penguin Adventure (MSX) [European]
Kabushiki Baibai Trainer Kabutore (DS) [Japanese]

KOJIMA-RELATED GAMES
Konami Krazy Racers (Gameboy Advance) [European]
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) [American]
PSN: eighty7th
Wii Friend Code: 4890580757769739

Post by 87th »

You want a bad Digital Leisure game? Look no further than Space Pirates!
When I first saw the trailer, I literally ran to the toilet to avoid pissing myself with laughter. (EDIT- I've uploaded it to YouTube now, if you're interested)
I played a demo of Kids On Site for the PC when I was around 10. I can remember laughing at how bad it was.
Last edited by 87th on Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

87th wrote:You want a bad Digital Leisure game? Look no further than Space Pirates!
When I first saw the trailer, I literally ran to the toilet to avoid pissing myself with laughter. (EDIT- [url=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=r_crInNjFF0]I've uploaded it to YouTube now, if you're interested)
I played a demo of Kids On Site for the PC when I was around 10. I can remember laughing at how bad it was.
XD See? I told ya! Anyway, I'll have to check out that Space Pirates trailer now.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

Hey, Ed Wood isn't nearly as inept as his reputation would suggest. Check out an Andy Milligan or Doris Wishman film if you want to see the bottom of the barrel in terms of filmmaking.