*sigh* Why does EVERY single game based on Back To The Futur

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

*sigh* Why does EVERY single game based on Back To The Futur

Post by JunkerMike »

Okay, Back To The Future is one of the greatest film trilogies ever. Especially the first two films are great. But why has EVERY SINGLE GAME MADE ABOUT IT COMPLETELY SUCK? There's the NES game, which I'm sure all of us know about. But today, I tried "Back To The Future Part II" for the Sega Master System, and Back To The Future for the MSX.

Now, the MSX game I was expecting to be bad, but the Master System game I was thinking "Maybe this won't be too bad", but the first time I played it, I wound up getting killed in 10 seconds or less. I was like, okay, don't judge it right off the bat. Maybe it just takes a while to master, and I decided to give it some chances, but IT'S SO FRUSTRATING! HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY THIS????!!!! Anyway, the BTTF game for the MSX is bad as well. It's by a company called Pony Canyon, and it's a side scroller where I don't know what to do other than just jump on these blue and red guys. I guess they're members of Biff's gang, but they look more like cops. And all I hear in the game is some MSX rendition of "Johnny B. Goode". Even the NES game wasn't as frustrating as these two pieces of crap! I mean, don't get me wrong, the NES game is still bad, but even that had a higher replay value than these atrocities! Why does every single game based on Back To The Future completely suck????? Well, I heard the one on the Super Famicom was pretty good, but I didn't play that, so I can't really give an honest opinion on that one.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Re: *sigh* Why does EVERY single game based on Back To The F

Post by ratperson665 »

JunkerMike wrote:Okay, Back To The Future is one of the greatest film trilogies ever. Especially the first two films are great. But why has EVERY SINGLE GAME MADE ABOUT IT COMPLETELY SUCK? There's the NES game, which I'm sure all of us know about. But today, I tried "Back To The Future Part II" for the Sega Master System, and Back To The Future for the MSX.

Now, the MSX game I was expecting to be bad, but the Master System game I was thinking "Maybe this won't be too bad", but the first time I played it, I wound up getting killed in 10 seconds or less. I was like, okay, don't judge it right off the bat. Maybe it just takes a while to master, and I decided to give it some chances, but IT'S SO FRUSTRATING! HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY THIS????!!!! Anyway, the BTTF game for the MSX is bad as well. It's by a company called Pony Canyon, and it's a side scroller where I don't know what to do other than just jump on these blue and red guys. I guess they're members of Biff's gang, but they look more like cops. And all I hear in the game is some MSX rendition of "Johnny B. Goode". Even the NES game wasn't as frustrating as these two pieces of crap! I mean, don't get me wrong, the NES game is still bad, but even that had a higher replay value than these atrocities! Why does every single game based on Back To The Future completely suck????? Well, I heard the one on the Super Famicom was pretty good, but I didn't play that, so I can't really give an honest opinion on that one.
That's what happens when you take a movie and try to make a game out of it, especially if it's good (Ghostbusters, Back To the Future).
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
Snake700
Major

Post by Snake700 »

Especially Ghostbusters. Just go to Gametrailers.com and see the angry video game nerd complaining about it!
What?

Say what say what one more time i dare i double dare you mother f##### say what one more god damm time

from Pulp Fiction
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

Yes it is a shame about a great classic like Back to The Future being dumped on by game developers. But hey, there's always Robocop vs Terminator, which is a great game.

There's plenty of film licenses out there that are pretty good.
Missing
Second Lieutenant

Post by Missing »

I think the best possible explanation for why these games suck is because they don't provide enough material to be turned into a half-decent game. Honestly, what kind of game could anyone expect out of The Ghostbusters franchise? There are always exceptions of course, and I think the 16-bit era was one of the best for providing some very good film-to-game translations (perhaps because it was easier to compete with other developers when games were still in 2D). I was always a big fan of the True Romance game, and I think all of the Jurassic Park games that appeared on the Genesis were very enjoyable. Again for the Genesis, Toy Story was another top-notch game that actually did a very good job at following the events in the film. And though they weren't anything exceptional, I kind of enjoyed both Alien 3 and Rambo 3 for pure shoot'em up action. I know there were many others I played back in the day that were decent, but I just need to remember them.
Crowley
Runner

Post by Crowley »

Missing wrote:Honestly, what kind of game could anyone expect out of The Ghostbusters franchise?
Thinking about that, it would be interesting to see a modern action game with some light resource management elements, somewhat similar to Elite or GTA.