Popful Mail

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Popful Mail

Post by JunkerMike »

Anybody ever play this game? It's a side scroller with RPG elements, and it's great. Lots of fun. There were many different versions of the game, starting out on the PC-98, then it was on the Super Famicom, the PC Engine, and Sega CD (the only version released in North America). The voice acting's good too. It reminds me of ADV Films, and that's pretty cool. :D This is also so far the only game published by Working Designs that I have in my game collection.
8bitsonic
Major
Favorite Game: Snatcher
Kojima games owned: MGS Essential Collection, Snatcher (PC88/PCE/MCD), Policenauts (TheBest/PSone Books). Also have Bleemcast for MGS.
PSN: The_Swill_Man
Wii Friend Code: 8648649929043816
Xbox Live: The Swill Man

Post by 8bitsonic »

Yes, I've played it. It is indeed a swell game- it was the first game I played after Snatcher, when I was on a Sega CD roll. I became incredibly pissed off with its game mechanics, as it gives you almost no invincibility time after you're hit, and not a lot of health either. I never beat it.