Oh no! Oh god no! NO!

A forum to talk about stuff that doesn't fit in other categories, such as general Kojima games discussion, other games, etc.
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Oh no! Oh god no! NO!

Post by ratperson665 »

Drake of the 99 Dragons. :sad: :sad: This game is by far: THE WORST PILE OF SHIT I HAVE EVER PLAYED IN MY ENTIRE GODDAMN LIFE!!!! First I played Big Rigs, horrible, but at least it offered a good laugh. Then I played Back to the Future. Again, god-awful, but funny. Then came this. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHGH! Imagine, playing 50 cent: Bulletproof, take out the rap, give it an even worse targeting system, add a terrible plot and ugly, eye-straining cel-shaded graphics and you'd have this! This is what happens when you hire people with double-digit IQs who've never played a game before to design a fucking game!

The plot is this: You are Drake. You're part of the clan of the 99 dragons. The clan is all killed (including you), you're brought back from the dead to avenge them and get back an artifact of some importance. (I didn't pay much attention to it.)

The gameplay is this: garbage! Why? Okay I'll tell you why! The camera and the aiming are BOTH controlled by the right thumbstick! Yeah that's right! The aiming AND the camera controlled by the same fuckin' stick! This means that if your trying to shoot an enemy, you'll lose track of everything because, while you're aiming you'll be causing the camera to clip threw walls! It's a good thing you have auto-aim right? NO! Because the auto-aim DOESN'T FUCKING WORK! It only serves to make things more confusing as Drake swings his duel pistols ALL OVER THE DAMN PLACE!!!!!!!! You might think there's a redeeming facer in this game with the time slowing feature. Can Somebody say "Max Payne ripoff that, like everything else in this game, doesn't work?"

The graphics are this:

The worst use of cel-shading I've EVER SEEN! Good thing I have screenshots or you probably wouldn't believe me.

In conclusion: Don't play Drake of the 99 Dragons! Don't FUCKING play it! It's the worst game of all time! NO GAME has ever even come close to surpassing its standard of crap! If you EVER, EVER see it in a used game store, don't buy it, don't think about it, don't even look at the back of the box!! RUN!! RUN FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
589806_20031126_screen002.jpg
589806_20031126_screen003.jpg
589806_20031126_screen004.jpg
589806_20030516_screen014.jpg
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

That game doesn't look too bad actually. But like they say, never judge a book by its cover. But if the same stick aims and moves the camera, how come the guy is facing towards the camera in one of those screens?
Marc
General

Post by Marc »

I just watched one of the new Crysis videos today, and seeing these screens after seeing Crysis again... games have come a long way from the 8-bit days. Too bad you'll need an extremely powerful PC to get the full experience.

And by the way, the jungle combat in Crysis... the free-roaming nature of it is what I had anticipated MGS3 to be, instead of the forced paths it gives you.
ShinjiPG
Runner

Post by ShinjiPG »

You guys ever played this:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/playstati ... imperative ?
Maybe not the worst, but it's pretty bad. It's a good laugh, but still bad.

That game at least looks like it has decent, playable graphics.

@Osiris: Free roaming in MGS3 would have been... mind-blowing lol. It's already a bit complicated as it is, imo. Or maybe I never got used to it, dunno.
"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"
ratperson665
Captain
Favorite Game: Suikoden 2
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of liberty
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Acid
Snatcher(Sega CD)
Policenauts(PSX)
Metal Gear(Subsistence Version)
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(Subsistence Version)

Post by ratperson665 »

JunkerMike wrote: how come the guy is facing towards the camera in one of those screens?
It's a cut-scene.
"Don't worry I got an idea. An Idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was taking about."-Peter Griffin
JunkerMike
J.U.N.K.E.R.

Post by JunkerMike »

ratperson665 wrote:
JunkerMike wrote: how come the guy is facing towards the camera in one of those screens?
It's a cut-scene.
I meant this screen:

files/thumbs/t_589806_20031126_screen003_110.jpg
Henry Spencer
General
Favorite Game: Shenmue I, MGS, Snatcher, Zelda: Ocarina Of Time.
Kojima games owned: Metal Gear (NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GB)
Metal Gear Solid (PSX)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2)
Policenauts (Saturn/PSX/3DO)
Snatcher (PC Engine/Mega CD)
Zone Of The Enders (PS2)
Zone Of The Enders 2: Special Edition (PS2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl; it counts, right? ;P
PSN: henryspencer666
Xbox Live: Magiking

Post by Henry Spencer »

This is a copy of the GunGrave games, moreso than Max Payne. If you wanna play a good cel-shaded shooter, pick up the GunGrave sequel.

As for bad games...well, that Ring game for the Dreamcast was pretty damn bad. I'd name Fantasia for the Genesis as the worst I've played though, with Space Pirates (American Laser Games) closely behind (yes 87th, I did play it in the end up, just to 'enjoy the cheese'. It was torture...). :lol: